Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Imo. Eventually. Ideally, Mete Weber gradually become the 2nd pairing, as Romanov-Brook ideally become the top pair in coming years
Mete is not a prize Dman. I'd like Bergevin to acquire someone who reminds us of a younger Markov. but I won't held my breath. Until then, I wouldn't expect the Habs to go far in the playoffs.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
This guy isnt the typical Russian stereotype. He got an edge in his game. Also Ive seen him on Instagram liking a lot of post about the Habs and the NHL. I think he genuinely wants to come to the biggest league in the world. He has a good drive. Really excited about this prospect.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This guy isnt the typical Russian stereotype. He got an edge in his game. Also Ive seen him on Instagram liking a lot of post about the Habs and the NHL. I think he genuinely wants to come to the biggest league in the world. He has a good drive. Really excited about this prospect.

Definitively a hard worker and a great skater already at the age of 19. I don't see any weakness to his game other than experience

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Good to hear he can play both LD and RD. Right now we have more right D's. But that could easily change in 5 years. Finding D to play a certain side has become a problem. I hope North American D start to be taught how to play both sides like European D.

When I saw him at the WJCs he played both sides and looked equally good on both sides. Maybe slightly better on the left but it seemed like a trivial difference if there was one at all. Real handy to have. I'm not super sold on his offensive upside but I think he's gonna be very very good regardless. If there's real offensive upside there then he's an absolute stud.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Actually alote of Russian defenseman are physical

Reactions: Walrus26

HabsGurl25

Jan 25, 2019
So if habs pick Broberg at 15, could he be a top 4? Would Romanov/Broberg be a top future pairing?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Good to hear he can play both LD and RD. Right now we have more right D's. But that could easily change in 5 years. Finding D to play a certain side has become a problem. I hope North American D start to be taught how to play both sides like European D.
It gives us and him more flexibility. It's a bonus.
Better than Samurokov
He'll be in the lineup for 2019-2020
I'm using the word better just in a personal way. Like for whatever aspects. I'm hoping he's better year after year. I care about the player itself. I don't care about the others players who're not on my crew.

Patient should all us be. Without exceptions. His turn will come eventually...
Well if we can have him in the lineup in 3 yrs, I’m in!
We'll have Romanov some day. If he pans out. Trust the process.
He's still under contract for another year in the KHL. Earliest we can have him is 2020-2021
It's a date I and all together wrote off in my and our agenda.
He worth pretty more than the Emelin's comparison. He's stinking hockey. Not throwing the puck everywhere and run. Doing its stuffs. In a good manner.
Definitively a hard worker and a great skater already at the age of 19. I don't see any weakness to his game other than experience
Just accumulating the games rythm. More he plays more he progress. That's his tests. Whos stimulates and stimulating itself. On the rink it's where he shines. That's kinda his hood.Where he's enjoying. Being with his linemates. Definitely...
Maybe it is a good thing his contract won't allow Bergevin to rush him.
His contract is a bless. For him. For us too. Zero rush.

Reactions: FF de Mars

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So if habs pick Broberg at 15, could he be a top 4? Would Romanov/Broberg be a top future pairing?

Both play LD so I doubt this is a good fit. Pair up our LD/RD as you see fit.

LD: Romanov, Mete, Broberg (if we draft him), Kulak, Harris
RD: Weber, Petry, Brook, Juulsen, Fleury

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
The CSKA Moscow pedigree couldn't be better for a Dman. By far the best defensive team in the KHL and it won them the Gagarin Cup this year.

Can't wait to see him in Montreal.
He didnt play much in the playoffs but still being around is a valuable experience.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He was awful in the Memorial Cup.

I don't believe he was awful. The Samorukov and Durzi pairing was pretty effective from what I saw live. Samorukov is a good skater and has good all around game. Problem I have with the Oilers fans is some of them think he is top paring NHL quality. More like fringe top 4D. I would say he is on par with Fleury

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
We need to calm down about Romanov. People here only have the WJC to go off of and while he was named best defender, it wasn’t some otherworldly performance, there just weren’t any other standouts. It surprised us because we didn’t know much about him and he’s 18. It’s still impressive, but let’s take a step back before thinking he’s a saviour and able to step in instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad