Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Bartender said:
What do you expect from him and how do you envision him in the future :help:

Do you think he can overcome is defensive weaknesses and survive physical NHL hockey:dunno:

I think he's lowballed a lot around here, and pretty unfairly. He's got a fabulous attitude, and from what we saw in prospect camp...an INSANE skillset. For a prospect, his stickhandling is better than most of the guys already on the team, aside from maybe Zidlicky and Erat. Nashville is filled to the brim with two-way players...we can afford a Radulov and Shishkanov to focus solely on putting the puck in the net. I think the main thing that describe him is SLIPPERY. He's never in one place too long, and comes out of groups of players in a way evocative of Pavel Bure of old. In fact...if I were to make a comparison, stylistically..it would be Bure\Mogilny. Pre-Injuries, of course.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Radulov

Thank you for the reply and How would you compare him to Sishkanov it would give me a good Idea since I've watch him play quite a bit

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He doesn't have the pre-injury Bure speed by any means.

Yes, he's fast. But no where near AS fast.

Bure is one of the best skaters in history if you ask me.

I hear he looks good, though.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Bartender said:
Thank you for the reply and How would you compare him to Sishkanov it would give me a good Idea since I've watch him play quite a bit

I think he's got more pure offensive skill than Shishkanov, but doesn't have the strength in the corners that Shish has.

CH Wizard

nomorekids said:
I think he's lowballed a lot around here, and pretty unfairly. He's got a fabulous attitude, and from what we saw in prospect camp...an INSANE skillset. For a prospect, his stickhandling is better than most of the guys already on the team, aside from maybe Zidlicky and Erat. Nashville is filled to the brim with two-way players...we can afford a Radulov and Shishkanov to focus solely on putting the puck in the net. I think the main thing that describe him is SLIPPERY. He's never in one place too long, and comes out of groups of players in a way evocative of Pavel Bure of old. In fact...if I were to make a comparison, stylistically..it would be Bure\Mogilny. Pre-Injuries, of course.

Great post.but Mogilny is a great comparison but not Bure IMO.A Mogilny/Kovalev comparison would be a great one (stylistically of course).

gocanada

Aug 21, 2004
Radulov is a pure goal scorer and that is all he is going to be. He will really help out nashville in the scoring department and that is about it. He reminds me of pavel bure but with less speed and skill.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Radulov looked good because he has not been ruined by the CHL yet. Mark my words, next year he´ll NOT impress anyone at the camp after a year in the CHL. He´ll soon be forgotten like guys like Nabokov, Volchkov, Buturlin, Shvidki and others who decided to play in the CHL.

Remember that no quality Russian forward has EVER been produced in the CHL. Most of the guys have regressed playing there. It´s sad to see a good talented player like Radulov to ruin his career like this. :cry:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Peter25 said:
Radulov looked good because he has not been ruined by the CHL yet. Mark my words, next year he´ll NOT impress anyone at the camp after a year in the CHL. He´ll soon be forgotten like guys like Nabokov, Volchkov, Buturlin, Shvidki and others who decided to play in the CHL.

Remember that no quality Russian forward has EVER been produced in the CHL. Most of the guys have regressed playing there. It´s sad to see a good talented player like Radulov to ruin his career like this. :cry:

hm, well, to hearken back to my Shishkanov comparison...

Timofei went over to play for Quebec, tore it up, and had a season that had him mentioned for Rookie of the Year honors in the AHL last year. He's expected to challenge for a roster spot in Nashville in the near future. As for Radulov, I think his development will be better playing first line minutes in the QMJHL then playing needless fourth line time in Russia, as well as creating all the political\financial drama that comes with staying in Russia(coughGlazachevcough) which could see him NEVER coming over.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Peter25 said:

Reading you and other posters made me think about a comparaison to another european player thatwent to WHL: Valeri Bure. Do you think that Radulov could end up being a one dimension player like Valeri, but without the impact of a Pavel or other above mentionned stars :dunno:

Habdominal

Jun 14, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Radulov

I cain't wait to see him play in an exibition game... there's been two so far for the Remps and he didn't play in any of the two (from what I know) :dunno:

Anybody saw him during practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad