Alexander Radulov

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I don't think Radulov thread is approproate in the KHL board now.
But, yeah. Absolutely, no doubt, 100%.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Question is, what do you mean uder "positive impact"?

If he make 90 points? 40 goals? Or 70 points? 30 goals? Or will you be satisfied with 60 points and 20 goals?
Hard to say. I would say, 70 points and 30 goals are realistic. But you know. There is still a "Radulov factor".

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
Question is, what do you mean uder "positive impact"?

If he make 90 points? 40 goals? Or 70 points? 30 goals? Or will you be satisfied with 60 points and 20 goals?
Hard to say. I would say, 70 points and 30 goals are realistic. But you know. There is still a "Radulov factor".

By "positive impact" I meant a significant contribution to any success Montreal has next year.

How would you describe the "Radulov factor"?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
By "positive impact" I meant a significant contribution to any success Montreal has next year.

He's unpredictable, unstable and can murder you with a hockey stick. So he needs to be totally focused on game to be successful which sometimes poses difficult for him. Basically, mental attributes. I prefer the word "attributes" rather than "problems" because it's his mentality which makes him a beast on ice as well. Just sometimes it works in a way that's harmful for him and the team. As Abe Lincoln once said,

"Radulov is not a hockey player. It's a state of mind."

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
He's unpredictable, unstable and can murder you with a hockey stick. So he needs to be totally focused on game to be successful which sometimes poses difficult for him. Basically, mental attributes. I prefer the word "attributes" rather than "problems" because it's his mentality which makes him a beast on ice as well. Just sometimes it works in a way that's harmful for him and the team. As Abe Lincoln once said,

Is the coach who was assaulted by him still coaching in the KHL?

Did he ever press charges against Radulov for assault?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara

Oh I did not refer to a particular incident, I simply wanted to say that he's an "interesting" player who can do weird things at moments, which can be disruptive both for him and his team. As for the incident which you're probably speaking about, the one in Ufa, I really have no idea what happened following the slap.

habsturies

May 27, 2012
Baja California Sur
all life Hab fan here.
There is no "Russian factor" or Radulov factor.
There is a Therrien factor.

MTL coach dont want skill players,just grinders.Eller,Subban,Galchenyuk,all the skill players are gone,or nearly.

So it is a mather of time,maybe before Christmas,the stupid coach put
the finger on Alex.

Yo can score a hat trick in a game,but if you lose to backcheck...you are done.THats the way this man works.

SE the way he manages Sekac,SEmin and others,is the worst coach that I see in my life,even with Malkin and Crosby h cannot win the cup.

All the team is on our goalie,No goalie,no team,a complete disaster.
Radulov made a terrible mistake choosen Montreal.

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
all life Hab fan here.

MTL coach dont want skill players,just grinders.Eller,Subban,Galchenyuk,all the skill players are gone,or nearly.

the finger on Alex.

Yo can score a hat trick in a game,but if you lose to backcheck...you are done.THats the way this man works.

SE the way he manages Sekac,SEmin and others,is the worst coach that I see in my life,even with Malkin and Crosby h cannot win the cup.

Unless I'm mistaken, didn't Montreal offer Radulov the greatest amount of money; although only for one year?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
all life Hab fan here.

the finger on Alex.

Then i dont understand, why Canadiens offerd him a contract? I mean, head coach should have big word on this, no? And if he thinks, he doesnt fit in his system, why to sign him?

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
Who knows, maybe Radulov will gently pat Therrien on the head with his stick and put some sense into him.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I watch the KHL fairly often, and I like to watch CSKA. I had a close eye on Radulov during the playoffs last year, and he was really good, like he has always been. I expect 30 goals and 60 points from Rads if everything goes well in Montreal.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Then i dont understand, why Canadiens offerd him a contract? I mean, head coach should have big word on this, no? And if he thinks, he doesnt fit in his system, why to sign him?

Well, they signed Syomin and I was :help: And we all know how it turned out.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I watch the KHL fairly often, and I like to watch CSKA. I had a close eye on Radulov during the playoffs last year, and he was really good, like he has always been. I expect 30 goals and 60 points from Rads if everything goes well in Montreal.

If he's on the line with Pacioretty Max will get the goals, so Idon't think 30 goals are realistic. Still, anything less than 50 - 60 points would be a disappointment.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Here we go again with that overblown narrative. He never assaulted anyone. Just some weirdos and haters dragging one incident through the years, blowing it out of proportion and interpreting things that never happened.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

I seem to watch a different Radulov. I have never seen him harm his team with anything but some not in play actions. But those heated discussions with the refs and emotinal outbursts on the bench and in the penalty box are not much different to many many players out there. Yes, he is not perfect, but who is? And what is even more important I haven't seen much of it lately. He is definitely not the 25y.o. Radulov anymore.

In game he is actually an extremely focused and determied guy. He loves to lead,he hates to lose. Well, he shows it. I don't see it as a weakness.

On the Habs I think he is a 50pts player at least. On a productive healthy season he should be Panarin-good at least while he obviously will have no Kane to play with in Montreal.

I do see Radulov factor there, but actually not Radulov as a possible source. I would call it a Radulov-in-Montreal-factor. Knowing the Montreal media I guess there is a possibility if things do not exactly go perfectly perfect for Radulov they might blow any little mishap about or around Radulov out of proportion and make it The Thing while they would hardly notice if it was in a different city or about a different player.

Partly Radulov is of course responsible for his rep. But only partly. Everybody who knows him would tell you he is actually not that kind of guy. And that he has changed a lot. His only problem ever was controlling his boilng emotions. But then again I have never seen his emotions hinder his game. It's not like he is throwing the towel because he is upset with the game. He is a fighter.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
If he's on the line with Pacioretty Max will get the goals, so Idon't think 30 goals are realistic. Still, anything less than 50 - 60 points would be a disappointment.

Yes, but I think the Canadiens top line will be something like Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher. I'd let Radulov carry his own line, with Plekanec and Shaw.

Radulov will score regardless of his linemates. He's far too skilled to be anything less than a 50-60 point winger, I agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00