Speculation: Alexander Radulov Thread | Successfully Swam The Atlantic | Where Will He Sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Also, are we even sure Radulov can sign on May 1st? Somebody posted in another thread that he needed to wait until July 1st since he has already signed an NHL contract in the past (like Jagr in 2011)

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Considering that the KHL can be a less physical league that plays fewer games maybe Radulov has less wear and tear on his body. Similar to how Jagr rejuvenated his career or MSL didn't grind down his body playing in the minors for so long.

Would a team take a risk on a long term big money deal? And is Sakic willing and able to do it?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Also, are we even sure Radulov can sign on May 1st? Somebody posted in another thread that he needed to wait until July 1st since he has already signed an NHL contract in the past (like Jagr in 2011)

I know for certain he can't play in the NHL this season. But as far as I know, he is free to sign a contract for next season at any point.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
05191007e82ebd3812458e407cffc33e8f8745-wm.jpg

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Hate to say it but that's a very Avs thing. They made Martinsen wait until after the WC for no reason. Different caliber player of course but what other team cares when things are announced besides this one? :naughty:

Slava also said Detroit is all over the Russian news but Avs still in the mix.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hate to say it but that's a very Avs thing. They made Martinsen wait until after the WC for no reason. Different caliber player of course but what other team cares when things are announced besides this one? :naughty:

Slava also said Detroit is all over the Russian news but Avs still in the mix.

More about potential injuries, though the World Cup changes all of that now too. Definitely something the Avs normally do which is weird that they didn't with Compher after it being rumored they would. Must have felt the pressure. It definitely wouldn't be Rads decision, he'd want that security.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just because it won't be announced until after the WC, doesn't mean the deal won't be signed until after the WC.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I still say he signs with Washington. Weirdest things always happen

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I mean, waiting to announce a big signing and avoid potential distraction, is something a team currently in a big playoff run might do. That's a little worrying. Then again, the Avs would too.

Detroit makes no sense to me. They barely made the playoffs, are losing Datsyuk, and only have one other young Russian in Marchenko who's not even guaranteed to be on the team full time.

I think it comes down to us, and FLA because they have a lot to offer money and lifestyle wise, they're an up and coming team, and Jagr already set the standard. With Washington as the dark horse even with Trotz. I think Trotz has it in him to put the past in the past, and it's probably a huge draw to play for a team that was so dominant this year, and a chance to play with Ovi could likely be the difference maker.

The fact that there is even talk about Washington with Trotz there, is a little concerning to our chances. I still like em though.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
How much of a draw is having other Russians really going to be? If he wanted to play with other Russians, wouldn't he just stay in the KHL. I can understand the draw of playing with friends...national team guys, and others he has played with, but random Russians...I doubt it has that much extra appeal.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Varly isn't a random Russian. Eh, I don't know that he's incapable without Russians but it sure makes things easier. It's a lot easier to relax, just speak your language and have a beer with someone. I don't think a team needs to be full if Russians but one or two helps.

A team going on a deep playoff run doesn't need him and isn't looking at next year right now. I don't think it would be any of them.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
How much of a draw is having other Russians really going to be? If he wanted to play with other Russians, wouldn't he just stay in the KHL. I can understand the draw of playing with friends...national team guys, and others he has played with, but random Russians...I doubt it has that much extra appeal.

I'm sure it's still a draw given there's a big cultural difference. Who wants to be even slightly uncomfortable if you can avoid it? He wants to play in the NHL, but that doesn't mean he wants to go to a team with no other Russians on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad