Speculation: Alexander Radulov Thread | Successfully Swam The Atlantic | Where Will He Sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
As TV said, maybe Radulov deserves his own thread. Of course it's only speculation at this point that he comes to North America and we need to speculate more to think he becomes an Av but it isn't hard to see the reason why Avs fans are getting excited. There's been more than enough talk of him around here to warrant his own thread so here it is.

P.S. If somebody is willing to post some quotes with dates which has lead us to this speculation I will gladly put them in this post.

I stole the following from TwoPadStack

1 - Radulov's agent says his client and Patrick Roy remain in close contact (March)
2 - Rumors of Roy/Sakic talking to Radulov (May)
3 - Rumors of the Avalanche investigating the legitimacy of his KHL contract (May)
4 - Avs trade for 2 Russians in Grigorenko/Zadorov (June)
5 - Avs draft 2 more Russians at the draft in Mironov/Boikov (June)
6 - Today, Radulov tells Russian media that he will consider an NHL return next summer (July 06)

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So he'd be 30. If he's willing to sign a "prove-it" contract, go for it. But I expect somebody would offer something closers to his current KHL deal, maybe $7mx4. Matching that would be a big mistake for us.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Radulov new O'Reilly, only difference he decided to stay in Russia the first time.(We will talk about him for a long time)

Anyway, this is exciting news even If he's just thinking about it. Finally we could ADD player instead of losing one, like ROR/Stastny! Start swimming Radulov!!!

Last edited:

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Hard not to imagine some of this summer's moves have him in mind, as OP suggests. And as my pops likes to say - what you lose on the swings, you gain on the roundabouts.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Yeah, no thanks. Never been sold on the guy, and Preds fans are sour on in for a reason. Not sure why a few people here are obsessed with him, he's basically Semin with a worse attitude.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah, no thanks. Never been sold on the guy, and Preds fans are sour on in for a reason. Not sure why a few people here are obsessed with him, he's basically Semin with a worse attitude.

This sounds like the opinion of somebody who doesn't watch him. Radulov is one of the top wingers in the world.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

His game is nothing like Semin's. Semin is a shoot-first winger who doesn't make his teammates better. Radulov is one of the best playmakers on the planet and turns average players into 20+ goal scorers. Semin goes invisible for many shifts and is barely noticed. Radulov has the puck on his stick and the opposition on their heels almost every time he's on the ice. They're Russian and have had one or two behavioral issues; the similarities end there.

Radulov, under Roy, would be an elite player in this league. No doubt about it in my mind.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
When he wants to be.

Which has been every game over the last few years. Including the games in the NHL with his last stint with Nashville where he was easily there best forward before being scratched.

Maybe your opinion is because of him missing curfew by 15 minutes after being at the same restaurant that the rest of the team was at all night. I'm not saying that missing the curfew by 15 minutes is ok, but I am saying that the entire thing was blown out of proportion.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
His game is nothing like Semin's. Semin is a shoot-first winger who doesn't make his teammates better. Radulov is one of the best playmakers on the planet and turns average players into 20+ goal scorers. Semin goes invisible for many shifts and is barely noticed. Radulov has the puck on his stick and the opposition on their heels almost every time he's on the ice. They're Russian and have had one or two behavioral issues; the similarities end there.

Radulov, under Roy, would be an elite player in this league. No doubt about it in my mind.

Yeah, I doubt there would be much interest from the Avs if Roy has bad experiences with Rads. I believe Roy can get him to buy into the system and he'll be very successful if he comes to Denver.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
You can say a lot of things about Radulov (he's crazy, overly emotional, gets distracted), but there is no way you can call him a floater or claim that he doesn't care half the time, guy is one of the most intense competitors out there, which is a double edged sword when it comes to him.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Signing Radulov would be awesome. He is one of the best wingers in the world and makes players around him better as others have already stated.
He's been an Av for what seems like 50 years and has yet to don the jersey.
It's time!

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If theres once coach who could control Rads and get the absolute best out of him, its Roy.

Really hope he comes across the pond next summer. I dont even think we'd have to pay a huge amount for him. I think he'd take a discount compared to every other team to come play with the Avs and Roy.

I think we could get him for $5M per, on a 3-4 year deal.

Landeskog - Mackinnon - Radulov
Tanguay - Duchene - Iginla
Grigorenko - Soderberg - Rantanen
McCleod - Malkin - Everberg

Beauchemin - EJ
Zadorov - Barrie
Bigras - Stuart

October 2016 Opening night roster. That's a Stanley cup favorite roster IMO.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

semin definitely makes his linemates better.

So you are saying as long as you don't commit long-term and give him a key to the house everything is golden. :naughty:

that's how i see it.. wouldn't offer long-term for various reasons though he/we could pull kovy if it came down to that

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I just hope Radulov comes over and proves what a monster he is on the ice. The misconceptions about him won't go away; just like everyone still thinks Roy is a hotheaded screamer as a coach that everyone hates working with; but he could show everyone that he's an elite player in this sport, even if the NHL didn't get to enjoy the earlier part of his prime. Unreal player.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
I just hope Radulov comes over and proves what a monster he is on the ice. The misconceptions about him won't go away; just like everyone still thinks Roy is a hotheaded screamer as a coach that everyone hates working with; but he could show everyone that he's an elite player in this sport, even if the NHL didn't get to enjoy the earlier part of his prime. Unreal player.

Too true, its funny how much the Avs will be painted as villains if we sign Rads. Roy is still considered an arch-villain around the league somehow. Just like how O'Reilly was a locker room cancer no fans would want (until the trade and now he's Toews), and Varly is a criminal. We'll just have to embrace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->