Alexander Radulov or Wojtek Wolski

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
nomorekids said:
with Radulov's 5 point game(2g, 3a) against Moncton, he now has points in 41 straight games.

Lemieux holds the record with 61 straight games, which Radulov won't get a chance to hit because of the games he missed while at camp in Nashville and at the WJCs...but second all time on the list is Pat LaFontaine with 43 straight games....set in 1982.

Radulov only needs a point in each of his next two games to tie that record, and a point in each of the next three to move into second place all-time behind Lemieux :yo:

He's also now running away with the league lead in points.

According to the Website, it's actually 40 games even. That's 97 points during that streak. As I did on the Preds board, to put that into perspective, that's more points than Wolski has scored all season. If my calculations are correct, Radulov now has 118 points on the season. Robby Schremp, who is considered by many on HF to be on a level above Radulov, has 120 going into today.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
I like Radulov as much as anyone...but pts in juniors dont always mean best prospect....

Radulov plays on a team who scores a ton, and he has GREAT linemates, not just good.

Guys like Corey locke and matt foy put up crazy point totals, and neither is a lock to be a great nhl player.

Personally I'd take Radulov over Schremp, and he's on my fantasy team, but points can be decieving when judging a player at the junior level.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Chrisd said:
I like Radulov as much as anyone...but pts in juniors dont always mean best prospect....

Radulov plays on a team who scores a ton, and he has GREAT linemates, not just good.

Guys like Corey locke and matt foy put up crazy point totals, and neither is a lock to be a great nhl player.

Personally I'd take Radulov over Schremp, and he's on my fantasy team, but points can be decieving when judging a player at the junior level.

No arguments that junior success is not a guarantee. But it is all you have to go on with players like Radulov and Schremp. And Schremp has some pretty nasty linemates as well. Raddy's linemates are a 16 year old rookie and an undrafted overager. I think, like Schremp, Radulov's linemates owe a great portion of their success to Radulov. They may have great numbers, but they do play with the best player in their league.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
yeah but that 16 year old is no ordinary 16 year old....he's angelo esposito and quite frankly i'd take him over just about anyone in the qmjhl.

Some kids are freaks, he's one.

if you get 2 skilled guys together on a line in junior hockey, it's impossible to stop.

Look at Jeff carter, he never had that 2nd person on his line in junior hockey, so you never saw him put up the gaudy numbers.

cstu

May 6, 2004
SmokeyClause said:
According to the Website, it's actually 40 games even. That's 97 points during that streak. As I did on the Preds board, to put that into perspective, that's more points than Wolski has scored all season. If my calculations are correct, Radulov now has 118 points on the season. Robby Schremp, who is considered by many on HF to be on a level above Radulov, has 120 going into today.

Wolski: 44 gp, 88 pts
9 more points for Radulov in 4 fewer games is all well and good, but hardly earth-shattering (especially playing in the Q on a stacked line). I'm not trying to take away from Radulov's season, but Wolski's been doing it all himself in Brampton.

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
nomorekids said:
with Radulov's 5 point game(2g, 3a) against Moncton, he now has points in 41 straight games.

Lemieux holds the record with 61 straight games, which Radulov won't get a chance to hit because of the games he missed while at camp in Nashville and at the WJCs...but second all time on the list is Pat LaFontaine with 43 straight games....set in 1982.

Radulov only needs a point in each of his next two games to tie that record, and a point in each of the next three to move into second place all-time behind Lemieux :yo:

He's also now running away with the league lead in points.

In the papers here they said the record was set by Sidney Crosby(behind Lemieux) . He broke it and he did show a lot of determination and play a big leadership role for Quebec . I saw him a couple of times live and im completly sold on him . But i was also sold on Shishkanov and his progression is slower than expected .

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
SmokeyClause said:
I merely stated that Radulov's rating would have been better served had he been playing (pay attention as this is the crux of my point) in his proper position (Wing) and with the best prospect in the world (Malkin). Is there any way to argue that?

nomorekids said:
I really wish he had been playing in position, mostly for my own selfish desire to see him in his element.

nomorekids said:
i can tell you that the adjustment from wing to center is NOT an easy one. it's a whole new set of rules and responsibilities. the game LOOKS different from center.
Why do you all think that Radulov played center at WJC ? He played RW with Ogorodnikov at center and Voloshenko on the other wing. He played at perfect position, in the same position since U-18 in Team Russia. Hard working 2-way center (Yun'kov before and Ogorodnikov now) with his friend Voloshenko on other wing. :help:

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Kaizer said:
Why do you all think that Radulov played center at WJC ? He played RW with Ogorodnikov at center and Voloshenko on the other wing. He played at perfect position, in the same position since U-18 in Team Russia. Hard working 2-way center (Yun'kov before and Ogorodnikov now) with his friend Voloshenko on other wing. :help:

Because while he played a game or two at wing, he spent a lot of time at center. David Poile, Pred's GM, talked about it as did Barry Trotz. It was partially because of this that HF initially listed Radulov at center in their Preds prospect profiles (top 20).

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Jozeph_Balej said:
In the papers here they said the record was set by Sidney Crosby(behind Lemieux) . He broke it and he did show a lot of determination and play a big leadership role for Quebec . I saw him a couple of times live and im completly sold on him . But i was also sold on Shishkanov and his progression is slower than expected .

According to the Q website, Lemieux holds the record with 61 games straight in 83-84. Lafontaine is second with 43 games straight in 82-83. And Radulov is tied for third with 40.

I wouldn't concern yourself with comparisons to Shishkanov. At this same age, Shish had 82 points in 51 games for Quebec. And Shish never came close to making the Preds roster, like Radulov did. I think their talent levels are similar, but Radulov has much more desire and intensity.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Chrisd said:
yeah but that 16 year old is no ordinary 16 year old....he's angelo esposito and quite frankly i'd take him over just about anyone in the qmjhl.

Some kids are freaks, he's one.

if you get 2 skilled guys together on a line in junior hockey, it's impossible to stop.

Look at Jeff carter, he never had that 2nd person on his line in junior hockey, so you never saw him put up the gaudy numbers.

Espo is a great young player, but he's not even a top 10 scorer in the Q. From all I've read and seen, Radulov carries that line. He's the leading goal scorer by a decent margin and the leading assiste getter by an incredible margin. They don't hold him back, but this is still a 16 year old kid.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
SmokeyClause said:
Because while he played a game or two at wing, he spent a lot of time at center.
And who were his wingers and what game did he spent "a lot of time" ? :eek: Just want to check it because I was able to get all games from WJC via NTVPlus (private TV in Russia) and record it ;) + reviews, interviews with players and coaches and Radulov never was mentioned as center.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
No, I remember Radulov played center between Ketov and Voloshenko few periods on group stage, but not "tons of ice time" and he didn't play center against USA and Canada, for sure.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Kaizer said:
And who were his wingers and what game did he spent "a lot of time" ? :eek: Just want to check it because I was able to get all games from WJC via NTVPlus (private TV in Russia) and record it ;) + reviews, interviews with players and coaches and Radulov never was mentioned as center.

Watch the games again and tell me what you see, because I only saw one Russian game and clips of a few others. Pretty much every Predator poster and most Radulov fans (and a good portion of HF including writers) were under the impression that he was playing a heavy amount at center. Maybe it was for only two shifts and it got out that he was being 'used at center.' Don't know why Trotz and/or Poile would mention it if it was only a few shifts.

Testify

Jun 24, 2004
They are unreal!!

u have NO IDEA how Radu - Espo - and Brent Aubin on the PP 1st unit is destructive.

BTW, not that I want to take a hit on espo, I like him, but most of the time, Radu is the one creating the offense / chances for the Remparts. They both play really well together, they are a great duo. No1 is feeding off the other for points :)

Sadly I never saw Wolski play... but I've seen over 50+ games of Radu live in Quebec and that kid is simply amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->