Alexander Radulov or Wojtek Wolski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
who would u rather have in a long term keeper league, based on goals and assists.

They both project to be top line wingers.

Both teams have pretty good offenses in place for the coming years.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
I guess Colorado and Nashville are pleased with developmetn of their kids. In long term it doesn't matter for me. Maybe Wolski will be safer pick for next season (or 2) because he is almost locked for 2nd line and 2nd PP unit.

c_robio19

Feb 3, 2006
With those stats they are pretty even to me, and I think they will both be top 6 next season. But I do agree that Wolski is a bit safer now because Colorado doesn't hesitate to use their prospects. It wouldn't shock me if Radulov was in the AHL next year but It would really surprise me. I think they will both be 80 pt guys in 3 or 4 years.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Radulov

Radu is blessed with great talent... and lots of desire

Even if he sometimes takes a shift off... he'll give you will for three on most night

Radu Rocks :yo: :yo: :yo:

Bam Beet*

Why is Wolski ranked number 41 and Radulov number 46 in the HF Top 50?????

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
rankings are just some peoples opinions....

they are not how these guys will do in the NHL.

In 3 years, this list would look 100% different.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
As of tonight, Radulov is leading the entire QMJHL in points with 109.

Boisclair has 106 points, and is in second.

But here's the thing...Radulov has played ELEVEN fewer games! He came back from Nashville's camp late(where he was one of the final cuts) AND went to WJCs...and is still leading the league with 38 goals and 71 assists. He's also running away with the Remparts record of 38 straight games with at least a point.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
nomorekids said:
As of tonight, Radulov is leading the entire QMJHL in points with 109.

Boisclair has 106 points, and is in second.

But here's the thing...Radulov has played ELEVEN fewer games! He came back from Nashville's camp late(where he was one of the final cuts) AND went to WJCs...and is still leading the league with 38 goals and 71 assists. He's also running away with the Remparts record of 38 straight games with at least a point.

I posted this on the Preds board, but I would be curious as to why he's that low. To have the year he's having right now with both he and Schremp having the most statistically dominating years so far, HF writers must view him to have some major flaws to rank him behind some others (especially considering how Schremp is likely 20+ spots higher). I'd love to see HF include a quick write-up about each prospect that really evaluates the positives and negatives. Name the positives that you saw and the negatives that keep the prospect from being higher. As Preds fans, we only get to see a few opinions of Radulov and they are almost all drooling over him. But there are a lot of inborn biases playing into those evalutations. I'd love to see the list expanded to include 'scouting' commentary.

c_robio19

Feb 3, 2006
Radulov is closing the gap on Shremp even though early it looked like a one man race. He'd have my vote for CHL player of the year.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
nomorekids said:
I think WJCs played a huge role, since it's the only time many saw him. I really wish he had been playing in position, mostly for my own selfish desire to see him in his element.

Good point. I think this probably did weigh huge in that decision. And that is ashame because he was playing out of position. Put him on the first line with Malkin (where he should have been to begin with) and he might have been higher.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
SmokeyClause said:
Good point. I think this probably did weigh huge in that decision. And that is ashame because he was playing out of position. Put him on the first line with Malkin (where he should have been to begin with) and he might have been higher.
Oh... best young AHL goal scorer isn't good enough for Radulov :eek: He had enough ice time and if Radulov is that good he could play better and create chances by himself but he didn't :(

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Kaizer said:
Oh... best young AHL goal scorer isn't good enough for Radulov :eek: He had enough ice time and if Radulov is that good he could play better and create chances by himself but he didn't :(

Reread my post and tell me where I said anything negative about any Russian. I merely stated that Radulov's rating would have been better served had he been playing (pay attention as this is the crux of my point) in his proper position (Wing) and with the best prospect in the world (Malkin). Is there any way to argue that? I don't care how talented/untalented a player is, playing their proper position on the wing of Malkin would help their ratings. And I think Radulov is Russia's best RWer and should have been with Malking consistently instead of only in spots.

We could argue whether he should have played better or not and that he didn't create chances. That was never my point, though I think it is very valid to assume that Radulov was hurt by playing a position he has not been accustomed to against a level of competition greater than he is used to with linemates that he isn't used to.

There was a lot of commentary floating about saying that Radulov looked unsure of himself and wasn't nearly as aggressive as he had been. Seems to me like a kid plodding through the learning curve of a brand new position.

Last edited:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Kaizer said:

as someone who has played hockey his entire life, i can tell you that the adjustment from wing to center is NOT an easy one. it's a whole new set of rules and responsibilities. the game LOOKS different from center. i was named to all-star team after all-star team playing left wing my entire life, until one year our team got a guy that was a little better, and our coach, rather than reduce my icetime, switched me to center, thinking that we could set each other up...and it blew up, bigtime. i've never felt so helpless in my life. it's a big adjustment, and you're crazy if you think that if you just put your nose into it, you can "make it happen" if you're good enough.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
with Radulov's 5 point game(2g, 3a) against Moncton, he now has points in 41 straight games.

Lemieux holds the record with 61 straight games, which Radulov won't get a chance to hit because of the games he missed while at camp in Nashville and at the WJCs...but second all time on the list is Pat LaFontaine with 43 straight games....set in 1982.

Radulov only needs a point in each of his next two games to tie that record, and a point in each of the next three to move into second place all-time behind Lemieux :yo:

He's also now running away with the league lead in points.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
wolski 4 pt game today.

I'm glad i have both these guys in my keeper pool.

Radulov and Wolski both doing unreal.

That line with radulov and esposito must be unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad