Alexander Radulov is Key to Montreal Canadiens Success

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Forward Alexander Radulov is a huge part of the Montreal Canadiens success this season. Radulov may be best known to be an offensive player, but he is far more than just that to the Canadiens. He has proven to be the league’s best free agent signing from last summer.

Radulov is a monster on the puck; almost nobody can knock him off the puck. What he brought to Montreal was exactly what the Habs needed. He is relentless when in game action, making his linemates better. Captain Max Pacioretty has mentioned on multiple occasions that Radulov gives his linemates more confidence. Each line that Radulov has played on thus far has produced efficiently at some point or another. Whether it was with Alex Galchenyuk and Paul Byron, or with Pacioretty and Phillip Danault, Radulov has produced. In fact, he has been the dominant factor in having his lines produce.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/02/02/radulov-key-canadiens-success/

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I cant imagine the Habs without Radulov, that guy is an elite player in this league, hopefully we can re-resign him for a couple of years..

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Wonder where the Habs would be without him. He makes any line a threat,imagine if he played with strong puckhander with smarts?

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
If they habs didnt have rads,

they would most likely be out of a playoff picture right now.. or at least on the fringe barely holding on ,

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Therrien can't mess with Radulov, he is a ufa at seasons end. :laugh:

"Everyone here, you are grinders, pucks in deep except Radulov and Davey"

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He is. Imagine if we had Backes or Perron instead.

Thing is, if Radulov doesn't re-sign next season with us which is a possibility, we are ****ed.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
He's really made himself irreplaceable on this team.

And the things is, our offense is still relatively weak. We still lack some firepower in our top 6 to truly compete. We simply can't afford not to resign him at the end of the season at this point.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
He is. Imagine if we had Backes or Perron instead.

Thing is, if Radulov doesn't re-sign next season with us which is a possibility, we are ****ed.

If Radulov wants a Cup, the sane thing to do is leave. This team is not built to win and aging might hit Markov or Weber next season like it did to Pleks this season.

VladTheLimpWhaler

Dec 4, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Radulov has been an amazing addition and is honestly one of the most exciting players I've ever seen on the Habs. Better than Kovalev, in my opinion.

I've been a fan since 1999 and I have never seen the Habs with a better team than this year. Not only is Galchenyuk getting better every year, but the addition of Radulov and Weber has turned us into a passionate team that takes winning seriously and hates to lose. I honestly think we won't see the best from Weber until the playoffs. The guy thrives under pressure and plays his best hockey when the stakes are high.

In the 2007-2008 regular season they were very good and lead the league in goals for, but they were not built for the playoffs the way they are now. This year they have a great playoff team with depth and grit and lots of secondary scoring.

If guys like Mitchell, Flynn, Andrighetto, Lehkonen, Shaw, Byron, Danault, and Carr can provide secondary scoring in the playoffs at anything close to the same rate as they've been doing in the regular season, this will be a great year.

Of course, so much of this depends on Price. But the team in front of him is better than ever.

pl4tinum

Feb 21, 2012
I honestly think we won't see the best from Weber until the playoffs. The guy thrives under pressure and plays his best hockey when the stakes are high.

Unfortunately it appears that he is a playoff choker. At least that is what I have seen.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Radulov has been an amazing addition and is honestly one of the most exciting players I've ever seen on the Habs. Better than Kovalev, in my opinion.

I've been a fan since 1999 and I have never seen the Habs with a better team than this year. Not only is Galchenyuk getting better every year, but the addition of Radulov and Weber has turned us into a passionate team that takes winning seriously and hates to lose. I honestly think we won't see the best from Weber until the playoffs. The guy thrives under pressure and plays his best hockey when the stakes are high.

In the 2007-2008 regular season they were very good and lead the league in goals for, but they were not built for the playoffs the way they are now. This year they have a great playoff team with depth and grit and lots of secondary scoring.

If guys like Mitchell, Flynn, Andrighetto, Lehkonen, Shaw, Byron, Danault, and Carr can provide secondary scoring in the playoffs at anything close to the same rate as they've been doing in the regular season, this will be a great year.

Of course, so much of this depends on Price. But the team in front of him is better than ever.

Unfortunately it appears that he is a playoff choker. At least that is what I have seen.

I haven't seen Weber play that much until last playoffs and I really wasn't impressed. He actually looked overwhelmed.
Weber is purely a point hammerer and thus if you take that away, you take away his scoring. He fizzles out come the second round and has always done so in his career. For this year to be an exception, he would need to increase his skill level(not happening) or better teammates to set up him. The shows that he was shut out against Vancouver(six game series), one point against Phoenix(six game series), and two against San Jose(one game in a 7 game series).

He is also historically a much less productive performer on the road than he is at home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad