Alexander Perezhogin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What's up fellas?

Just wanted to get an opinion on what your thoughts are about Perezhogin, what do you see his potential as?

I see he's having a good start to his RSL season, 2-3-5 in 7 games

I know he's suspended from the AHL right now, but take that aside for a second...I just want to know how he's regarded by other fans (non-Habs) on these boards, he's been quite successful in Russia throughout his career and had a great season in the AHL last year before the incident...

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I feel Perezhogin is the Habs top prospect, and one of the top prospects period around. His suspension hurts, and it's possible after he comes back from the RSL, the NHL and AHL might ask him to sit out a year to serve his suspension since he's sort of getting around it with his European Vacation.

Overall, however, I think he's got top line upside. His goal scoring abilities are really incredible. This is a guy I feel who has the offensive upside and the intangibles beyond that to make the NHL.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Jay Thompson said:
I feel Perezhogin is the Habs top prospect, and one of the top prospects period around. His suspension hurts, and it's possible after he comes back from the RSL, the NHL and AHL might ask him to sit out a year to serve his suspension since he's sort of getting around it with his European Vacation.

Overall, however, I think he's got top line upside. His goal scoring abilities are really incredible. This is a guy I feel who has the offensive upside and the intangibles beyond that to make the NHL.

Perezhogin, better than Kostitsyn? Although I am pretty high on Perez, that's an questionable statement, to say the least.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
markov` said:
Perezhogin, better than Kostitsyn? Although I am pretty high on Perez, that's an questionable statement, to say the least.

They're pretty equal imo. Kostitsyn has a better shot but Perezhogin is better defensively.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Jay Thompson said:

Perezhogin's lawyers would have a field day if that happened...

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Personally I think Perezhogin is a far safer pick that Kostsitsyn is at the moment. I haven't had any doubts about him since he and Grigorenko absolutely dominated the WJC's awhile back. He's played fantastic at very level (AHL, RSL, etc) and while he has a great offensive upside, he plays both ends of the ice excellently. Kostsitsyn may have a higher offensive cieling (I won't deny that) but I think Alex is a sure fire prospect. In my opinion he's the habs #1 prospect as well. Both are great youn players btw - but Perezhogin has been one of my fav prospects for a long time - can't miss.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Karamazov said:
Personally I think Perezhogin is a far safer pick that Kostsitsyn is at the moment. I haven't had any doubts about him since he and Grigorenko absolutely dominated the WJC's awhile back. He's played fantastic at very level (AHL, RSL, etc) and while he has a great offensive upside, he plays both ends of the ice excellently. Kostsitsyn may have a higher offensive cieling (I won't deny that) but I think Alex is a sure fire prospect. In my opinion he's the habs #1 prospect as well. Both are great youn players btw - but Perezhogin has been one of my fav prospects for a long time - can't miss.

You're right. He already know how to play on both side of the ice so it's a great + for him. Kostitsyn shot seem to be INCREDIBLE but right now, he have to learn the defensive side of the game. When Kost will learn that, he will be the Habs top prospect but right now, Perez is the best prospect...he have it all!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Karamazov said:

One problem for Perezhogin is he's never really had his size/strength used against him. He's played his entire career in the Russian system until last season, where he struggled at first, but in the 2nd half he was one of the top players in the AHL and one of the hottest goal scorers in the AHL playoffs until he got suspened. The question remains will his lack of size and strength cause him troubles in the NHL, as it's unclear how he would do. He's not a creampuff, but he's not that strong upper body wise. I think he's a great prospect with a lot of offensive upside, but I am concerned about how he would fare in the NHL, as RSL and AHL success doesn't mean he will be effective in the NHL since a lack of strength can be a big problem. I do think he will be a solid NHLer, but another problem is his recent stick swinging incident, and how it has effected him. He seems to be doing well with Omsk, and has been invited to play for the Russian Senior National team again, as he played for them 2 years ago as a 19 year old.

Kostitsyn is a year younger then Perezhogin was when he came over, plus he doesn't have a fellow countryman in Svitov to help him with his English, as Kostitsyn doesn't speak English yet. But one thing I've noticed is that he's clearly bigger and stronger then Perezhogin, which should help him down the road in the NHL (assuming there is an NHL again) as he should have a few years to continue to grow. His offenisve upside is as good as any prospect out there imo, but his lack of any sort of a defensive game makes it tough to say how he will fare down the road. It appears Jarvis will work closely with Kostitsyn to help him understand what he needs to do to play a more effective all round game.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
montreal said:
One problem for Perezhogin is he's never really had his size/strength used against him. He's played his entire career in the Russian system until last season, where he struggled at first, but in the 2nd half he was one of the top players in the AHL and one of the hottest goal scorers in the AHL playoffs until he got suspened. The question remains will his lack of size and strength cause him troubles in the NHL, as it's unclear how he would do. He's not a creampuff, but he's not that strong upper body wise. I think he's a great prospect with a lot of offensive upside, but I am concerned about how he would fare in the NHL, as RSL and AHL success doesn't mean he will be effective in the NHL since a lack of strength can be a big problem. I do think he will be a solid NHLer, but another problem is his recent stick swinging incident, and how it has effected him. He seems to be doing well with Omsk, and has been invited to play for the Russian Senior National team again, as he played for them 2 years ago as a 19 year old.

Well, from what I've seen I think Perezhogin is as strong, if not stronger than Zherdev, and Zherdev showed he can play in the big league, so I'm not too worried. As long as he's not afraid of physical play..

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
rahan said:
Well, from what I've seen I think Perezhogin is as strong, if not stronger than Zherdev, and Zherdev showed he can play in the big league, so I'm not too worried. As long as he's not afraid of physical play..

Comparing two players in different situations is tough to do. I'm not saying Perezhogin's lack of strength will keep him out of the NHL, but it is a big question mark. There's no doubt that Alex has a ton of skill, and I think he'll be a solid top line player for the Habs down the road, but until I see him doing well in the NHL, I'll have my concerns over his lack of strength.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
The millionth Perez thread... to drop in my two cents, I do believe that Alex is the CH's top prospect (yes even ahead of Kosts) at the moment. He seems to circumvent the issue of size and strength by just being so overwhelmingly good in the other parts of his game. He's got great speed, can stickhandle well, plays with fire and is a team player (save for that stick swinging incident). He is so dominant sometimes, I wouldn'tbe surprised to see him as a PPG player in Montreal. I hope to god he does reach his potential.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
montreal said:
Kostitsyn is a year younger then Perezhogin was when he came over, plus he doesn't have a fellow countryman in Svitov to help him with his English, as Kostitsyn doesn't speak English yet.

I'm 90% sure that Ivanan speaks russian. Might have been why the habs signed him to be their goon.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
E = CH² said:
I'm 90% sure that Ivanan speaks russian. Might have been why the habs signed him to be their goon.

Ivanans doesspeak Russian. He helps Kostitsyn. But neither were picked up "because they are Russian".

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
espion said:
Ivanans doesspeak Russian. He helps Kostitsyn. But neither were picked up "because they are Russian".

That isn;t what he is suggesting. He is saying Ivanan might have been signed to play the enforcer role PLUS help with the language barrier.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
That isn;t what he is suggesting. He is saying Ivanan might have been signed to play the enforcer role PLUS help with the language barrier.

Yup I didn't want to imply he was signed only because he speaks russian. I think it definately might have been something they considered though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad