Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Why is Alan May such a donk? I'm not a Caps fan but I listen to the Junks. Every time May is on and they talk about Ovi's next contract he says "max contract". How could a person be so clueless?

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Why is Alan May such a donk? I'm not a Caps fan but I listen to the Junks. Every time May is on and they talk about Ovi's next contract he says "max contract". How could a person be so clueless?

Alan May was a heart and soul player when he played for the Caps. He always stuck up for his teammates. I greatly value his advice and expertise.

That bring said, he may have taken one too many punches to the head during his career. :ha: Lol.

I hope Ovie comes in around 10 million so that he can play on a better team. Playing on a better team allows him to break the record easier.

I also want to see him top 100 career playoff goals. He is currently at 69. A max contract is going to make that very, very difficult.

In the end, though, it is up to Ovie. He can basically get what he asks for. He deserves it.

stanleycaps18

I cheer for laundry
Jul 10, 2003
Chocolate City
washcaps.com
Agree. It is in both Ovie's and the Caps interest to try to ensure Oshie, Kuzya, and Orlov can all stay for their next contracts. A more competitive team will give Ovie a chance at another cup or two, and will be better for the franchise in the long term.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Agree. It is in both Ovie's and the Caps interest to try to ensure Oshie, Kuzya, and Orlov can all stay for their next contracts. A more competitive team will give Ovie a chance at another cup or two, and will be better for the franchise in the long term.

upload_2021-3-4_16-20-12.gif

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Ovie scored his 449th even strength goal tonight and passes Phil Esposito for 8th all time. Messier (452) and Brett Hull (456) are next up.
Gretzky leads with 617.

Ovie now has 5,635 shots and needs 3 more shots to pass Jagr for second all time.

Reactions: Calicaps

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Who cares about Cherry? Dinosaurs like him thankfully should be just remembered for the buffoons they were. I got tired of his schtick 30 years ago.

It matters because large chunks of the personage pay attention and believe what he says. I can think of someone like how you describe Cherry that talked his way into a much more important job. Cherry said Ov was dirty and Ov was dirty. Cherry said Ov was selfish and Ov was selfish.

In the end, though, Ovechkin changed the league.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Ovie heating up. Now has scored 10 goals on the season and his 263rd career PPG. That’s now only 2 behind Brett Hull and 11 behind Andreychuk for career PPGs.

Ovie is now 2nd all time in shots, passing Jagr. Only trails the great Ray Bourque.

1 more goal to tie Phil Esposito and 2 more points to reach 1,300 career points.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
IIRC, Ovie has back to back hat tricks in 3 straight seasons. Ovie has a flair for the dramatic. Maybe now might be the right time?

Let it go. 6 goals would give him 16 and put him in the leader's rear view mirror(who has the Ov in the rear view mirror image?). That would mean he has a chance as opposed to no chance which isnt possible.

That said, watching fans around the league collectively crap their pants if Ov did back to back hatties again, would be epic

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Ovie scores his 717th career goal and ties Phil Esposito for 6th all time. This was also his 450th career even strength goal.

Ovie heating up. Goals in 3 straight games and 4 out of the last 5.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
How’s he looking skating / speed / physical play wise ? Any signs of slowing down , aging ?

IMHO, he has slowed down a bit and his hands aren’t as good as they used to be. Still has a lethal slap and wrist shot, though.

I think he is saving some energy and the physical play for the playoffs.

Still great to watch, though, and it is fun to see him chase Gretzky.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
How’s he looking skating / speed / physical play wise ? Any signs of slowing down , aging ?
His last two weeks have been his best. He was nursing an injury for the previous 4-8 weeks. I think he’s not yet 100% because his one-timer still isn’t up to his standards but the arrow is trending up.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Ovie passes the great Phil Esposito with his 718th career goal. Ovie is now 6th all time in goals scored. The next player up is Marcel Dionne at 731.

It was also his 264th career PP goal which leaves him 1 behind Brett Hull for second all time.

It was also his 114th career GWG. I believe Jagr (135), Howe (121) and Esposito (118) are the only players ahead of him in that regard.

Finally, Ovie scores his 1,300th and 1,301st career points moving him into 34th all time in that category.

4 straight games with a goal and 5 out of the last 6. Not bad. :thumbu:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->