Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Also, his 20th goal of the season means he has 15 consecutive 20 goal seasons to start his career. Got to be an exclusive club.

Tons of people have done 20 multiple times, 30, 40, 50 is where it's at:

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 12.26.52 AM.png

NHL Records

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
The thing that stands out to me about that list is there's only one guy who plays for only one team. Gordie How played for two, but look at Gartner (5) Jags (9) and Gretzky (4). How do those guys bounce around sooooo much and Ovi stays right here... its pretty awesome how lucky we are.

Yes. He is awesome and he is all ours. :D

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Yeah I can dig it. 12 years after his retirement as the all time best goal scorer and five time cup winner grey-haired gentleman mr. Alex O. steps on the stage to call out 1st overall for Caps - Sergei Ovechkin - and then makes his hot stick celebration after it.

Don Cherry looks down From his cloud and sighs.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
The thing that stands out to me about that list is there's only one guy who plays for only one team. Gordie How played for two, but look at Gartner (5) Jags (9) and Gretzky (4). How do those guys bounce around sooooo much and Ovi stays right here... its pretty awesome how lucky we are.

Howe has the record for most goals with one franchise. (786)

Only 109 to go for Ovie. :)

Also, Ovie has the 15th most points for a single franchise. Guy Lafleur next at 1,246.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Looking at the main board now and how people praising McDavid & Draisaitl and how many points this duo has got me thinking... How truly dominant Ovi was between 07-10, and having that stretch 90 points in 54 games I believe in that era how special is that? McDavid needs like 39 points in the next 25 games to match that and thats considering he plays with Draisaitl and he plays I believe in higher scoring era. Ovi is a truly truly special athlete especially back then.

Can anybody provide me with an adjusted stat if 09-10 Ovi would play today? Thanks in advance

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Looking at the main board now and how people praising McDavid & Draisaitl and how many points this duo has got me thinking... How truly dominant Ovi was between 07-10, and having that stretch 90 points in 54 games I believe in that era how special is that? McDavid needs like 39 points in the next 25 games to match that and thats considering he plays with Draisaitl and he plays I believe in higher scoring era. Ovi is a truly truly special athlete especially back then.

Can anybody provide me with an adjusted stat if 09-10 Ovi would play today? Thanks in advance

Ovie's adjusted stats for 2009-10 are:

72 games played
55 goals
62 assists
117 points

Over 82 games, that would be:
63 goals
71 assists
134 points

Reactions: Calicaps

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
People are funny. Freaking out about Ov retiring the minute he breaks the record.

Anyone who watched his interview with Cohn and didn't see his joking sense of humor, should really just never watch hockey ever again, too serious.

Ovi is hilarious. There's nothing about him not to love!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
1. Just watched Reirden's daily presser. He spent most of it gushing over Alex Ovechkin with a huge grin on his face.
2. When he stops playing I expect he will have a serious role with the team. Ive said this that I expect he will own a piece of the team and will be an assistant GM. Leonsis owns it but its Ov's team. I expect it to remain that after he stops playing.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
1. Just watched Reirden's daily presser. He spent most of it gushing over Alex Ovechkin with a huge grin on his face.
2. When he stops playing I expect he will have a serious role with the team. Ive said this that I expect he will own a piece of the team and will be an assistant GM. Leonsis owns it but its Ov's team. I expect it to remain that after he stops playing.

Weird. I thought Rierden was self-serving and aloof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad