Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Yea, I heard that. I don't know why Ov retirement is such a big talking subject. He loves playing hockey. The Capitals are his team. Washington ironically is his city.

They used to say that nobody enjoyed being themselves more than Arnold Palmer. I think Ov loves being Ov. Backstrom is his partner.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
how many goals will ovi score this year

Sep 19, 2008

I love that fact that Ovechkin is just a big fan like all of us. The difference being he is a fan of HIMSELF. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Is anyone else super impressed that Ovechkin, after having statistically his worst NHL season in 2017, came back with two of his best seasons?

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 5.42.10 PM.png

I know I am because you really don't see it that much in pro sports.

Reactions: Ms Maggie

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Is anyone else super impressed that Ovechkin, after having statistically his worst NHL season in 2017, came back with two of his best seasons?

View attachment 260503

I know I am because you really don't see it that much in pro sports.

Not too much, yeah.

He really is a generational player. Maybe even a lifetime player. There is literally no one like him and likely never again.

Ovie is like a fine wine. He gets better with age. :)

Oh and 10 more goals to become the highest goal scoring LW, of all time. Unless you count the year he played RW... :P

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Two seasons with less goals and points could be attributed to minor injuries. You never know with that RMNB thing. Maybe he wasn't motivated to roar in regular season. But I'd bet on injuries.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Two seasons with less goals and points could be attributed to minor injuries. You never know with that RMNB thing. Maybe he wasn't motivated to roar in regular season. But I'd bet on injuries.

At least one of those, quite possibly both, the shitty pressures of failure to win a Cup, had a big impact IMO.

Imagine replacing those two “crap” seasons (by his standards)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad