Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleycaps18

I cheer for laundry
Jul 10, 2003
Chocolate City
washcaps.com

Made this video for him, feedback whether positive or negative would be greatly appreciated! thanks :)!

Fantastic, well done. Amazing how he has evolved. So much of his early game was simply bulling and weaving his way and creating on his own. But now, the set plays, and the wicked shot prevail. And either way, you just can't stop him.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yep. The Canadian hockey media is still xenophobic and pompous. It's the ugly side of an otherwise peaceful and humble country.

If they’re Xenophobic it’s about anyone non-Canadian who offends them by being great at the game they perceive as “their own”....Americans, Russians, Finns, Swedes, etc....

Me, I get tired of this excuse being trotted out.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
If they’re Xenophobic it’s about anyone non-Canadian who offends them by being great at the game they perceive as “their own”....Americans, Russians, Finns, Swedes, etc....

Yeah, it's crap.

It saddens me as a proud Canadian to see the hyper hockey nationalism. It's distasteful.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
If they’re Xenophobic it’s about anyone non-Canadian who offends them by being great at the game...

While there may be some truth to that I have always felt there was a special level of hate for Russians by the Canadian and old school North American hockey establishments dating back to the 1972 Summit Series when they learned someone else can play this game really well also.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

Canadians dont hate any of those countries. Well maybe Americans but it has nothing to do with hockey.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
While there may be some truth to that I have always felt there was a special level of hate for Russians by the Canadian and old school North American hockey establishments dating back to the 1972 Summit Series when they learned someone else can play this game really well also.

I don’t disagree that Russia was once the biggest threat to Canada in the sport and that series probably started that long of Nationalist thinking about the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->