Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I've always thought that Ovechkin doesn't really start slow. the rest of the league starts fast. as the season progresses and they start to get worn down, Ov doesn't slow down and their ability to contain him erodes.

This is absolutely the case. Some guys ride unsustainable shooting percentages early. Injuries will mount, players will cool off and the cream will rise to the top. Hopefully.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I call bunk, players don't give nearly the overall full effort in the fall as they do in the spring. Commitment to winning.

Ovi has always been a tank a beast from game one until the end of each year. The competition only gets harder as the year goes on.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I call bunk, players don't give nearly the overall full effort in the fall as they do in the spring. Commitment to winning.

Ovi has always been a tank a beast from game one until the end of each year. The competition only gets harder as the year goes on.

It's a long season and a tough schedule. It's near impossible to give full effort every night.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
call bunk all you want. the league starts the season fresh. 30 games into the season they are not fresh anymore. those games take less of a toll on ovechkin than on most of the rest.

come playoffs you hear it all the time. they are all hurt. some more than others.

what has trotz said? if it were playoffs orpik would be playing instead of missing 10 games. calling bunk on that too?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Ovie is also probably happy and relieved that his back pain from having to carry the team has been relieved by a nice dose of secondary scoring, blue line depth, and a Vezina caliber goalie in the net.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
ROFL at the complaining about Ovie.

He has done everything for the Caps for a decade. This year he has been breaking in a new line mate and leading his team to be the best in the NHL, not just the best scorers, the best team. And all the while he is AHEAD of his pace from last season at this time.

Calm down, people.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
He hasn't played poorly but he needs to move his feet more and battle harder. He has had a few games where he did and he looked dominant.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
when Trotz says that Ov needs to be doing something that he is not doing, I will believe it. He is doing what Trotz is telling him to do. The Caps needed Ov twice in recent games. Those two where they were behind by 2 or 3 goals. He scored 3 goals in those two games and 5pts. He leads the team in hits or is second to Wilson. He's 7th in the league in plus minus

He is doing what Trotz wants him to do. Enough so that he is getting empty net time now. I just don't we know enough about Trotz's agenda for Ov to be critical.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I feel like we decide to have this conversation about Ovi at this time of the year every damn season. And as always he takes off, starts scoring again and wins the Richard.

HerculePoirot

Mar 9, 2012
Beast. Beauty. I went over the main board and it's baffling to say the least. Enjoy him while it lasts and all the best for the Cup quest:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad