Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
I don't know where there's room to put it outside with people traffic, I think inside by the windows where they used to have a car would be a good spot
I see activist here who wants to organize picking of signatures for the statue)))))

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Ho-hum! Gotta be outside. Put it right on the corner at the top of the metro escalators if they have to. Or Ted can pay the city to widen the sidewalk in one spot by the main doors.
I didn’t think of the top the escalator, there or the alley by Gallery Place parking

Jun 15, 2007

I'm watching his rookie season goals. Ovechkin looks so much leaner here, like a young bull as opposed to the bearlike physique has now.

I wonder how much of his loss of speed is actual physical decline and how much is the extra pounds he's carrying now.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Ovie said to Wilson that the game is evolving away from hitting, to an extent. He kind of exhorted Wilson to focus more on his offensive game.

So, Ovie has decreased his weight and is not delivering as many bone crunching hits. Or at least saving them for the playoffs.

So, he looks quicker out there. He is still listed at 6'3" 235 but he must be 220-225, I would think.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Ok. Ovi's Batya paid 10 rubles for each goal while he played in hockey school. And nothing for assists. I see now.

Also, Ovi is not some phenom, he was grown by many ppl including some former hockey masters. Also - hard work from his big family and himself.

Reactions: Silky mitts

Khomutov

Sep 22, 2015
IMG_20181227_162554_301.jpg

From that article: Ovechkin at the age of 14 with Igor Larionov. Great pic.

Jun 15, 2007
Ok. Ovi's Batya paid 10 rubles for each goal while he played in hockey school. And nothing for assists. I see now.

Also, Ovi is not some phenom, he was grown by many ppl including some former hockey masters. Also - hard work from his big family and himself.
How much was 10 rubles at the time?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Of course he is/was a phenom. Doesn’t mean he’s not a hard worker or didn’t have important influences along the way.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
How much was 10 rubles at the time?

Well, in the article they say it's spring 1998, so the rate was @ 9-10 rubles for 1 dollar at that moment.
But in the article, his father says that he was doing this since he was 10 years old, so 1985+10 = 1995. In 95 the rate was around 4-5 rubles for 1 dollar.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Ovie skipping AS game. I have a hard time believing he needs rest as the AS game format is not very taxing. I think this is a slap against the Olympics. And I’m for that. I also hate the sit out rule, the nhl shouldn’t force that on players.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ovie skipping AS game. I have a hard time believing he needs rest as the AS game format is not very taxing. I think this is a slap against the Olympics. And I’m for that. I also hate the sit out rule, the nhl shouldn’t force that on players.

I bet if the trend continues, they’ll make the penalty stiffer.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010

The Caps' bye week (5 days) comes immediately after the ASG, so Ovie gets a real nice break. Caps had a long season last year. His "aging" body gets a couple more days of rest and he gets to make a statement (if that's his intent) re. Olympic participation.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad