Confirmed with Link: Alexander Ljungkrantz RW 2020 3rd rd pick

Ricklongisland

May 31, 2016
New York
They have been covering every prospect that gets drafted but when we draft they completely skipped over us and start covering the next pick. Then they start talking about Star Wars with the Rangers pick. Are you kidding me NHL???? Obvious league bias. They aren’t even hiding it. I wanted to learn more about this kid. So frustrating!

Reactions: buud and 86this

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
They have been covering every prospect that gets drafted but when we draft they completely skipped over us and start covering the next pick. Then they start talking about Star Wars with the Rangers pick. Are you kidding me NHL???? Obvious league bias. They aren’t even hiding it. I wanted to learn more about this kid. So frustrating!

They've skipped a few picks. It's hard to cover a guy that they weren't expecting to be taken at that point.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

it was really important for everyone to learn who Anakin Skywalkers father was.

answer- he didn’t have a father he was created by midichlorians

that was really important. The rags need more coverage.

Reactions: BrockLobster

islesnyc

Jul 5, 2012
it was really important for everyone to learn who Anakin Skywalkers father was.

answer- he didn’t have a father he was created by midichlorians

that was really important. The rags need more coverage.
Well he did pick Revenge of the Sith as his favorite Star Wars movie so he is already a bust in my book.

Ricklongisland

May 31, 2016
New York
They've skipped a few picks. It's hard to cover a guy that they weren't expecting to be taken at that point.
I’ve seen other no-name players getting taken and they have a write up on them. Plus they haven’t even said our name at all during the broadcast.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I’ve seen other no-name players getting taken and they have a write up on them. Plus they haven’t even said our name at all during the broadcast.

They skipped over someone in the middle of the round because Ottawa or whoever picked 2 out of 3 picks and they skipped the middle pick completely. Shit happens. It's the third round. The Isles went off the board, there's nothing to be upset over. I don't get giddy at the NHL just mentioning the Islanders in passing.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
This is a guy that wasn't expected to go nowhere near 90th overall apparently but he must have had one superfan among the Isles scouting staff. Obviously this is a guy who has a lot of respect among his fellow scouts as I would expect he was behind the Holmstrom pick as well

scott99

May 13, 2005
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL.

Thank god they picked him at #90, god knows if he would've been there at #237.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL.

Thank god they picked him at #90, god knows if he would've been there at #237.

This has been a wonky year to say the very absolute f***ing least. I imagine the scouting process has been messed for everyone, but I came into this draft thinking the bottom rounds will have a LOT more gems than usual. *shrug face thing here*

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Ok......you heard it here first....Calder Trophy Winner 2022-23........................................................................................................and probably never again anywhere else.

Reactions: scott99

scott99

May 13, 2005
I think the problem is, Lou kept all of the Snow led scouts, so typically, they do horrible in rounds 3 & 4, sometimes even in round 1, but especially rounds 3 & 4. Oddly enough, instead of quickly snatching up someone rated higher than their slot, for instance someone rated 85, ok let's snatch him up at 90, they grab someone who MOST LIKELY be there in round 7, they grab him at 90. And in the history of the Milbury/Snow/Lamoriello era, it's NEVER worked out.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
The gritty Swede likes getting to the danger areas. He also battles well along the boards and has a knack for finding seams and getting into space in and around the crease. Additionally, he is a good skater who moves up ice well. His skating is not “elite” but he uses his edges effectively when protecting the puck, when fighting for position, and to get space for himself.
While the man from Gästrikland is not an exceptionally skilled player he has some plus offensive skills. His release is good, and he shoots well in stride or stationary. But he does not have the deftest of touch or the high-end vision to create high-danger chances consistently.

Scouting Report: Alexander Ljungkrantz - Smaht Scouting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->