Prospect Info: Alexander Holtz (Part II)

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
He posted a clip on his Instagram story today and form the looks of it he is working with Bratt's skating coach over in Sweden. Hopefully he can add another layer to his game to go along with his shooting and playmaking ability.
Get ready for Holtz to start busting out some mohawks on the rush.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Assume it's because he is pretty much set with a spot and Sweden was using the Summer Showcase as an orientation of sorts for other players - but neither Holtz nor Raymond attended camp in Plymouth.

Any news on how things are going?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
Still think this is your best prospect. Even though the production in the AHL wasn’t there yet, I thought he looked ready to explode. Hopefully working on his first step explosiveness this summer, as I think that is one of the two major things holding him back. The other being shot selection, but I think that will come with pro experience.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Bump - see this thread got lost

It seems these prospect threads get posts about their goals and stuff, and I heard Alex had some today; any luck on video?

Devs3cups

HEWZ‎ ‎& NEHMEHTS
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Super stoked about his play in preseason and he’s off to a good start. He’ll be solid for us.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
While Holtz likes to rifle the puck from anywhere, that 2nd goal will be his bread and butter in the NHL on the PP. If teams want to cheat and over cover it, he has the skills to get it back over to the other side of the ice.

Reactions: Forge and Devs3cups

pkbrux

Jul 19, 2006
NJ
I am convinced Holtz is going to be a star, his shot is just elite. He won't be the most complete player in the league, but he is going to be a solid defensive winger and the shot is going to take him to another level. Can't wait to see him with Hughes full time.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Still our most NHL ready prospect. Still think he's the most impactful prospect in the system and I still think he's going to have the biggest long term impact of all of our current prospects in NJ.
Luke has Erik Karlsson-esque ceiling so Id still argue him for now; but if Alex can become a 35+ a season guy then yeah he may very well be

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Luke has Erik Karlsson-esque ceiling so Id still argue him for now; but if Alex can become a 35+ a season guy then yeah he may very well be

No he doesn't. Luke does not have a best defenseman of his generation and one of the greatest defenseman of all time ceiling. Luke does not have the a PPG level ceiling or basically carry an entire team on his back to game 7 double OT of the conference finals type ceiling.

Reactions: RememberTheName

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->