Player Discussion Alexander Formenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
As far as I remember, they didn't say that had "grounds to make a charge". If they did, they would have charged the players.

They said that there was new evidence brought forward which led them to believe a crime could have been committed, and that's why they reopened the investigation. It was essentially a statement to say, "we're not just revisiting this because there's so much media attention"...
They haven't said anything publicly. The most recent update - which came just before Christmas 2022 - is that London Police have reasonable grounds to believe that five members of the 2018 WJC team committed a sexual assault, but that the evidence has yet to be tested in court and charges have not yet been laid. This comes directly from court documents obtained from the Crown.

I guess this is just speculation, but I think it's highly likely that charges are going to laid against those five players at some point and this summer seems like a probable time frame. Assuming the investigation has wrapped, of course.

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
They haven't said anything publicly. The most recent update - which came just before Christmas 2022 - is that London Police have reasonable grounds to believe that five members of the 2018 WJC team committed a sexual assault, but that the evidence has yet to be tested in court and charges have not yet been laid. This comes directly from court documents obtained from the Crown.

I guess this is just speculation, but I think it's highly likely that charges are going to laid against those five players at some point and this summer seems like a probable time frame. Assuming the investigation has wrapped, of course.
If there's a low chance of conviction will they even bother?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
This is why I refuse to ever take women home from the bar if either of us has had too much to drink.

It's easier said than done sometimes.

Or at least I assume it is. Luckily, it's never came up thanks to my ugly appearance, tiny dick, shitbag personality and general lack of redeeming qualities.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yes.

There is immense political pressure for something to come out of this.
Yes there is political pressure; however, the crown attorneys that file the charges will be subject to criticism if they file weak evidence or grounds for filing such charges. I also suspect that the lady who was involved in this wants it all to go away asap because it is a very disturbing situation for her and she probably wants to get on with her life in a normal way.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
This is why I refuse to ever take women home from the bar if either of us has had too much to drink.

It's easier said than done sometimes.

Or at least I assume it is. Luckily, it's never came up thanks to my ugly appearance, tiny dick, shitbag personality and general lack of redeeming qualities.

Very easy to not find yourself in this situation, just don’t gang rape women. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad