Rumor: Alexander Edler: 3, maybe 4-year deal imminent, AAV $5.0 - $5.5M, no Expansion Draft protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 290103

I cant understand how Aqualini keeps Benning employed. Bad trade after bad trade, terrible contract after terrible contract.

Whats the attraction? His scouting regime? Here’s an idea....fire Benning and keep his amateur scouts!

Is Aqualini really this stupid? Benning is a f***ing train wreck.

If they give Edler 4 years...FML.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
ideally a 2yr deal

i would give him 4 at a greatly reduced cap and no trade or movement protection after yr 2 for the expansion draft. Give all the money up front and then he has value as a trade or expansion acquisition if needed.

i reallly hope they are not stupid enough to let this linger and not have it done in the next week or so....this has some pretty big implications as a #1 LD either way and they cannot put all the cards in the Edler camp and also get nothing in return if it goes south

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
He'd be an idiot to sign a 2 year deal. Hopefully saner heads prevail here and Edler goes and gets his 4+ year, $24M+ retirement contract on a competitive team in free agency.

I'm sure they'll have a hockey ops job for him after retirement if he's so set on Vancouver. That's how the NHL works after all.

I like the player and highly respect his career here, but seriously man...go make some cash and try to win something.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
He'd be an idiot to sign a 2 year deal. Hopefully saner heads prevail here and Edler goes and gets his 4+ year, $24M+ retirement contract on a competitive team in free agency.

I'm sure they'll have a hockey ops job for him after retirement if he's so set on Vancouver. That's how the NHL works after all.

I like the player and highly respect his career here, but seriously man...go make some cash and try to win something.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. On another note, wish we could've traded him. Now that hes injured, that's probably not happening, same with Tanev.

Reactions: TruGr1t

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
2-3 yrs is fine for me too.

He's a horse and clearly isn't on the decline yet.

My hope is in those 2-3 yrs someone surpasses him as our #1 Dman. Whether that's Hughes or a UFA

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
2-3 yrs is fine for me too.

He's a horse and clearly isn't on the decline yet.

My hope is in those 2-3 yrs someone surpasses him as our #1 Dman. Whether that's Hughes or a UFA

A horse that has played 70 games once in what 5 years?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Bad enough our dumb dumb GM watched this defence last year and actually brought back all 8 of them again this year. Unbelievable.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
2 years would be great. 2 years 10 million.

And if he would accept a trade at the deadline then come back, I'd even say 3 years 15 million. 4 would be a huge mistake, even 3 is probably pushing it. If we are just going to re-sign him now its gotta be 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->