Value of: Alexander Barabanov to Florida

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Looks like he is having a down year, who on the Sharks isnt. But had pretty good, middle six seasons the previous 2.

Panthers could use a middle six player. Might get a chance to play next to Lundell and Luostarinen or even Bennett and Tkachuk.

What's the price for this guy?

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Depends how bare they plan to tear down this roster, but yeah, any of their pending UFA forwards would probably cost around a mid-round pick.

Reactions: Gentle Man

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Feel like next year's 3rd + this year's 5th ish, think that would be a nice play by Florida but I almost feel like if they're talking to SJ they just re-acquire Duclair

How is Barabanov on the physical end vs Duclair? I feel like the Duclair ship has sailed. He just isn't hard nosed enough for the team

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I read that as Alexander Barkov and got so confused lol

his value is probably a mid round pick(s) as many others have said. I haven't watched him too much since his short tenure with the leafs but from the stats he looks like a good playmaker. To be honest I can't remember much as he didn't really do much but if he is a fast, somewhat defensively responsible LW I'd look into grabbing him just to see if he can work on L2

The exact same place I would put him on florida based on dailyfaceoff which has cousins there

Reactions: Suntouchable13

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Barabanov is a good skater and great play mover, but isn't a single threat on his own. Last year he played really well with Karlsson, both in using his skating to get open for passes and to draw in defenders before making a deft pass. He's good in the corners and a safe player to have holding the puck.

That's why I call him a play mover - he doesn't make the plays or kill them, he just keeps them going for the better

Reactions: Cas

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Barabanov is a good skater and great play mover, but isn't a single threat on his own. Last year he played really well with Karlsson, both in using his skating to get open for passes and to draw in defenders before making a deft pass. He's good in the corners and a safe player to have holding the puck.

That's why I call him a play mover - he doesn't make the plays or kill them, he just keeps them going for the better

That actually really meshes well with us. He could be another ERod type of player essentially

Oh now I'm in in

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
In what world? He's at least two years away from the big leagues and there's no guarantee he's ever coming over.
Just a bizarre post.

Who was the last drafted prospect never to come over? I will wait.

Your evaluation is also borderline crazy. He had two productive professional seasons in a league comparable to the AHL already, making him one of the more NHL-ready prospects in the draft. His best comparables would be guys who followed similar career path: Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Kemell, Ostlund, Yurov, Kulich, Lambert. You can decide for yourself where would these guys go in the re-draft plus with 20 y.o. you get additional certainty since he's much more projectable compared to the 18 y.o you'd be picking at #30 this year. That's why the Jackets spent a first-rounder straight up for Chinakhov, for example.

Unless you want to argue that Chinakhov and Grebyonkin are not comparable, which would be a very hard argument to win, that set a very clear price tag on exactly this kind of prospect.

Last edited:

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad