Alexander Avtsin

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
When he was drafted, Timmins said he was the next Alexander Ovechkin and right now he is struggling in the AHL with 8 points, 4 goals, 4 assists. I know the change of style (EU/NA) is difficult for some but he has a good size, 6.3 and almost 200lbs. With Hamilton Bulldogs, does he play well, does he play often? Why is he struggling and what's his futur?

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
When he was drafted, Timmins said he was the next Alexander Ovechkin

Ummm.... no he didn't.

Avtsin has had a bunch of minor injuries so far. He's an average prospect, not sure what we expect of him in a rookie AHL season. Certainly not the next Ovechkin.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
He might have needed another year in Russia, but his contract was run out and no one would have been interested in giving him a 1-yr deal in the Motherland. Sad to see that he's not doing great, I'm sure he can improve a lot. Maybe a fresh new, injury-free start next year will make wonders for him.

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
He might have needed another year in Russia, but his contract was run out and no one would have been interested in giving him a 1-yr deal in the Motherland. Sad to see that he's not doing great, I'm sure he can improve a lot. Maybe a fresh new, injury-free start next year will make wonders for him.

Did you see him played when he was in Russia? Can you compare him to another player?

Analyzer*

Pretty sure Avitsin said he likes to play like Ovechkin and then the whole fact that he's 6'2 right handed shot and Russian just made people think he's like OV.

First year, seems to be having on and off again injury problems, but seems to be adapting to NA hockey well. Though, I've only read that, haven't seen too many games and when they're on CBC for me to watch, AA is usually hurt, or scratched.

So an article that says "some people compares him to Alexander Ovechkin" is to be taken seriously? The poor grammar should be the first sign, the ridiculous statement the second...

I'm quite certain Alessandro is the owner of that site and writes many of the articles. Given the fact that Russian is more than likely his first language and English being his 2nd (at the least) is a good indication that his English won't be flawless like yours and doesn't mean he's to be discredited.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
When he was drafted, Timmins said he was the next Alexander Ovechkin and right now he is struggling in the AHL with 8 points, 4 goals, 4 assists. I know the change of style (EU/NA) is difficult for some but he has a good size, 6.3 and almost 200lbs. With Hamilton Bulldogs, does he play well, does he play often? Why is he struggling and what's his futur?

I wouldn't say he's struggling. He's played well at times but looks like a 19 year old, he's very raw and needs to develop his play without the puck first. He had some minor injuries keep him out of the lineup but he's scored some nice goals, shows he's got some slick hands.

Usually he's on the 3rd line with Andrew Conboy and Andreas Engqvist, and doesn't get a lot of PP time prior to his latest injury (he should be back any day now from last I heard).

I'm quite certain Alessandro is the owner of that site and writes many of the articles.

He doesn't own the site unless Eugene has sold it, haven't talked to him in a while.

Last edited:

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I'm quite certain Alessandro is the owner of that site and writes many of the articles. Given the fact that Russian is more than likely his first language and English being his 2nd (at the least) is a good indication that his English won't be flawless like yours and doesn't mean he's to be discredited.

I don't care. I would never make fun of a non-native English speaker's grammar on a message board or in conversation but it makes the website look very unprofessional. I hope you understand the distinction.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I wouldn't say he's struggling. He's played well at times but looks like a 19 year old, he's very raw and needs to develop his play without the puck first. He had some minor injuries keep him out of the lineup but he's scored some nice goals, shows he's got some slick hands.

Usually he's on the 3rd line with Andrew Conboy and Andreas Engqvist, and doesn't get a lot of PP time prior to his latest injury (he should be back any day now from last I heard).

I have seen 20 Bulldogs games this year and Avtsin has really only stood out in about 2 of them, both at the start of the year. Conboy and Engqvist are far more noticeable on that line and ya there are many more options that play the powerplay. Just not very noticeable on many nights.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Pretty sure Avitsin said he likes to play like Ovechkin and then the whole fact that he's 6'2 right handed shot and Russian just made people think he's like OV.

First year, seems to be having on and off again injury problems, but seems to be adapting to NA hockey well. Though, I've only read that, haven't seen too many games and when they're on CBC for me to watch, AA is usually hurt, or scratched.

I'll tell you why Avtsin is Ovechkin.

They are both Alexander's and Avtsin and Ovechkin are very similar 2nd names, and sound like they came from they same word "ovtsa" which means a sheep.

Alessandro's more than likely 1st language is certainly not russian since he's from Turin, Italy and is italian.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He's been pretty good for a 19 year old first timer in N.A. with a nagging injury. 8 points in 24 games is a better point/game average than quite a few 19 years in the league right now.

EDIT: And lol at Timmins/Ovechkin part, he never said anything of the sort. When a reporter asked what type style of hockey he plays, he answered something like he likes to play like Ovechkin. The reporter ran with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->