Alex Zhamnov Versus Pavol Demitra

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Just vote for the better player, taking into account peak, prime, longevity, talent, accomplishments, awards etc.

Bracket D:

Elias (1-0: defeated Hejduk, match-up versus Naslund in progress)
Naslund (0-1: lost to Alfredsson, match-up versus Elias in progress)
Allison (0-1: lost to Zhamnov, match-up versus Tanguay in progress)
Tanguay (0-1: lost to Marleau, match-up versus Allison in progress)
Brind'Amour (1-0: defeated Damphousse, match-up versus Weight in progress)
Weight (1-0: defeated Koivu, match-up Brind'Amour in progress)
Zhamnov (1:1 defeated Allison, lost to Demitra)
Demitra (2-0: defeated Yashin and Zhamnov)

Last edited:

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Zhamnov with the higher peak, prime is about even, Demitras was a bit longer but Zhamnovs was at a higher level. Both elite players, I'll give Zhamnov the edge overall due to his two-way play.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Zhamnov with the higher peak, prime is about even, Demitras was a bit longer but Zhamnovs was at a higher level. Both elite players, I'll give Zhamnov the edge overall due to his two-way play.

I don't see what makes Zhamnov's prime at a higher level. His '95 lockout season was impressive, but smaller samples can get skewed. Demitra from '98-99 to '03-04 over his 6 year prime in St. Louis he was 6th in the league in total points and 7th in PPG. Zhamnov was never really close to that offensively outside of '95.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I don't see what makes Zhamnov's prime at a higher level. His '95 lockout season was impressive, but smaller samples can get skewed. Demitra from '98-99 to '03-04 over his 6 year prime in St. Louis he was 6th in the league in total points and 7th in PPG. Zhamnov was never really close to that offensively outside of '95.

Agree with this

GlitchMarner

Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Zhamnov had the best individual season between them, but Demitra's best three or four seasons were superior to his best three or four.

Their career totals are similar. Zhamnov may have been slightly more talented, but he wasn't able to maximize his talent for an extended period like Demitra was.

Voting PD.

GlitchMarner

Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Demitra takes it.

DemitraBlues.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad