Alex Trebek diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Probably the person I've been watching the longest on TV all shows combined. Hardly ever miss an episode, and just had fun watching the 1,000,000 $$ championship. As he ages, he's gotten looser and jokes a lot more than before. It's a sad way to go.

Reactions: BigT2002

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
One of the worst cancers to have. Only really survivable if it's down at the tail. If it's all over, good night.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Ken Jennings is a name I have heard.

That's oje of the names that first jumped in my head.

The other, that I don't think people willing necessarily share my opinion on, is Kenan Thompson.

Maybe a little too silly for Jeopardy, but I think with all of his work as a fake game show host on SNL, he'd probably make it work.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
That's oje of the names that first jumped in my head.

The other, that I don't think people willing necessarily share my opinion on, is Kenan Thompson.

Maybe a little too silly for Jeopardy, but I think with all of his work as a fake game show host on SNL, he'd probably make it work.

imo that would be horrible

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I don’t ever post in these kind of threads and don’t really care for this guy a ton, however I recently lost a grandma to stage 4 pancreatic cancer. It’s honestly horrible to watch. They can’t eat anything, everything comes back up. They slowly lose all their weight and strength and at the end it’s so bad you’re starting to hope it’s over so they can be free of the pain. It’s not something you come back from. I hope Alex Trebek has the best path possible given the conditions. The one positive out of this is that hopefully all of his family can come together, get a bit of closure, and become even closer through the experience.

Reactions: coladin

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Class Act. I'll pray for Trebek and won't be at all surprised if he does overcome this disease. He's got the perfect attitude for doing it.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
Class Act. I'll pray for Trebek and won't be at all surprised if he does overcome this disease. He's got the perfect attitude for doing it.

Pancreatic cancer is unfortunately very aggressive and usually has metastases in several places.

"The median survival rate of people with stage IV pancreatic cancer, he says, is about 18 months, with half surviving longer and half dying sooner."

Medscape: Medscape Access (requires free registration)

Last edited:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I remember as a kid, he was the host of a game show called Pitfall, it was on CBC in the 70's.

One of the networks I have on my TV is called Buzzr and I've been watching a lot of Classic Concentration lately, and Trabek hosed that show.

That was such a sad thing to hear. I hope he beats it, or at least puts up a good fight.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Pancreatic cancer is unfortunately very aggressive and usually has metastases in several places.

"The median survival rate of people with stage IV pancreatic cancer, he says, is about 18 months, with half surviving longer and half dying sooner."

Medscape: Medscape Access (requires free registration)

Yeah, stage 4 means it’s spread to distant organs. He’s not coming back unfortunately.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
My father lasted 19 months with it. It is not a great quality of life, to say the least. Stage 4 can mean a variety of things, notably size of the tumour and metastases and, critically, if it is inoperable. They were able, through newer experimental treatment, to get my father some more time. But once it started to spread, after treatments stopped working, it won't be long. And it is ugly. As described above. After watching what is aw, I would think twice about assisted dying. Pancreatic cancer also has a lovely side effect of making your blood thick as blood pudding, which cause multiple strokes t further debilitate cancer victims.

He looked very well, but once cancer makes up its mind, you are f***ed. Everyone says f*** cancer. Cancer in the end , does most of the f***ing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->