Celebrity Death: Alex Trebek, 80

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Pretty sad now remember that Trebek was also the host of "Classic Concentration" when I was growing up. It was basically trying to unravel a puzzle of pictures.

He was best known for Jeopardy but also did that show too.

He also hosted a show called “Heart of Courage”. It was a reenactment show about people who performed heroic deeds. I remember one about Bruce Gardiner, who played for the Senators at the time. He saved two people’s lives. I forget what happened exactly, but this incident took place before he played in the nhl.

Anyone ever see that show? It was on in the 90’s, but I can’t remember how long it was on for.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
CBS Has announced that Jeopardy will resume production on November 30th with Ken Jennings as the first ever interim host. They also plan to have a variety of other guest hosts for the foreseeable future. Guest hosts will be announced in the coming weeks. Full link below.

"Jeopardy!" will resume production with Ken Jennings as the first interim host - CBS News

I hope they give the other hosts a real shot at the job and aren't just going through the motions after already making a decision to give it to Ken. I do not like Jennings in that role at all. Aside from having a grating personality I also found his cadence in reading the questions very strange and distracting at times.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I hope they give the other hosts a real shot at the job and aren't just going through the motions after already making a decision to give it to Ken. I do not like Jennings in that role at all. Aside from having a grating personality I also found his cadence in reading the questions very strange and distracting at times.

Makes sense for him to be the first guest host but definitely don’t want Ken to be the full time replacement. I’ve never found him likeable and he has no charm whatsoever.

I agree with both of you, obviously Ken is an amazing player, but I don't want to see him as the full-time host either.

I was thinking they may be using this as a form of "audition" of sorts. They'll be able to get an idea for who the viewers and players seem to gravitate toward and that could help them make a decision. I think that would be a smart way to go about this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->