Celebrity Death: Alex Trebek, 80

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Alex Trebek: thank you for bringing so much enjoyment and education to my life. I have learned so much about so many things I would have never have encountered without Jeopardy and your sage guidance.

Rest In Peace

Reactions: Mantis and snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
That feeling when you go on a Jeopardy heater and bang out the whole category. The smugness that ensues is real.

RIP Trebek. A true Canadian legend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Not gonna be easy watching his last few episodes before Christmas knowing that he died a few days later.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
RIP. Jeopardy is one of my favorite shows of all time. It's never going to be the same again. :(

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
RIP to one of the greatest voice in television history. No matter where you're from or how old you are, Jeopardy was a show that brought everyone together and Trebek was a massive reason for that. He will be very dearly missed!

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I honestly thought he was going ot bea tit

f*** Cancer
I was strongly hoping he would but the reality is, most people with his diagnosis, espescially at such an old age, the prognosis is very grim and the fact that's he's lived about 20.5 months with it on top of not missing work at all is quite an achievement itself.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
One of those celebrity deaths that just hits you in the gut. I can remember watching Jeopardy! with my parents growing up, plates on our knees. Being little, and being thrilled when you actually got one right. Then getting older and getting more, and getting even older and, my god, becoming good at it! There's a bunch of stuff, in all our brains, acquired here, there, and everywhere, over the years, and you only seem to know it's in there when Jeopardy! is on.

And at the heart of it, was Trebek. Intelligent, kind, and hilarious, he somehow became bigger than the clues he read without ever diminishing them and made the show iconic without bells, whistles, or noise. The reverence the contestants have for him was, and is, something else. His goodness and decency came through the screen. It wasn't just a gig. He loved, and was devoted, to Jeopardy! and it showed, every night.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Do not why I find interestin, amusing or ironic, that both Sean Connery and trebek died so close together. Some of the funniest SNL sketches was a spoof of those two on the show Therapists one still cracks me up--maybe cause I am so dumb--the obvious joke never dawned on me

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Do not why I find interestin, amusing or ironic, that both Sean Connery and trebek died so close together. Some of the funniest SNL sketches was a spoof of those two on the show Therapists one still cracks me up--maybe cause I am so dumb--the obvious joke never dawned on me
We lost Turd Ferguson too.

Sep 19, 2008
Pretty sad now remember that Trebek was also the host of "Classic Concentration" when I was growing up. It was basically trying to unravel a puzzle of pictures.

He was best known for Jeopardy but also did that show too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad