Celebrity Death: Alex Trebek, 80

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
Damn, we all knew it was coming but this still hurts. He fought like a champ. Can’t believe he was still filming Jeopardy up until pretty recently. R.I.P. Alex, you’ll be missed.

Wonder if they have someone lined up to take over. Hard to imagine anyone filling those shoes.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The strongest memory I have with my grandparents is having them sit me down to watch Jeopardy just about every day and they started doing so as early as I can really remember. Trebek was a staple in my relationship with them and of my childhood. Rest in peace.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
This is heartbreaking. He is a legend, and fighting and working until the very end is nothing short of amazing. He was Jeopardy for the most part, but this year I've been watching Classic Concentration on Buzzr a lot and he was so good on that show. He really rooted for the contestants and I just loved the banter he had with them each episode.

RIP Alex, and thanks for the memories.

I am amazed that Johnny Gilbert is still alive. He must be getting up there in age as well.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Every interview I’ve seen of him after his diagnosis you would never tell what he was going through. Heck even look at him during the sens pick announcement. May he rip, a canadian icon.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
At least he edged out his arch nemesis in Sean Connery.

But really, that sucks a lot. He was classy, sincere, funny, charitable, and professional. Can’t even discuss who’ll fill his shoes because nobody can. Like many others, he was a staple of my family and one of few things we’d gather and watch regularly—even to this day when I go back home.

Also he’s a legend just for the story about chasing a burglar out of his hotel while in his 70s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad