Alex Tanguay leads the Avalanche in scoring.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Tanguay has 22 points in 30 games and leads the team in scoring ahead of guys like Duchene, Landeskog, MacKinnon , and Iginla.

He also the only one of those players to have a plus rating at +3.

I haven't seen the avs very much but statistically he seems to be having a very good season.

Thoughts?

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
last year before he got hurt he was on fire... if he can stay healthy he is a very good hockey player... iginla is also second on the team with 21 points not as bad of a signing as everyone was telling us it was, thats for sure.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
last year before he got hurt he was on fire... if he can stay healthy he is a very good hockey player... iginla is also second on the team with 21 points not as bad of a signing as everyone was telling us it was, thats for sure.

I never doubted Iggy would play better, he's always a slow starter.

As for Tanguay he's a very smart player and injuries have hurt him the last few years for sure but he's still a 65 point player when healthy.

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Always wished Montreal had kept him. Only played 50 games with the Habs but had 41 pts.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Id love to see him on Tavares left wing. He seems like a perfect compliment to JT and Okposo. Tanguay has had a very good career, have always been a fan of his.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Always wished Montreal had kept him. Only played 50 games with the Habs but had 41 pts.

He was hurt near the end of the year, docs said your injury won't get any worse, you can play if you want to deal with the pain.

He wouldn't play, wanted to make sure he was healthy since it was a contract year....

I guess word got around the league, no wanted to sign him that offseason even tho he had 41 points in 50 games. I think he had to settle for a 1 year deal for like 1M with Tampa just before the year.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Not thread jacking (good on Tanguay) but Mackinnon is taking this sophomore slump next level. I have watched a lot of games and forget not getting points, Mac is just not noticeable out there.

Hopefully he gets going.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Tanguay has 22 points in 30 games and leads the team in scoring ahead of guys like Duchene, Landeskog, MacKinnon , and Iginla.

He also the only one of those players to have a plus rating at +3.

I haven't seen the avs very much but statistically he seems to be having a very good season.

Thoughts?

Think that tell us more about how the top dogs have been doing for Colorado. Not good.
Not saying Tanguay isn't a solid player. He is producing about on par what people were/are expecting.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Tanguay has been great - better than expected - but him leading in points is more a result of Duchene, MacKinnon, Landeskog, and O'Reilly taking major steps back in terms of point production. It's been a frustrating year, the kids can't put the puck in the net, but I'm not really sure why this deserved it's own thread lol

Arthur*

Before reading the title I honestly had no idea Tanguay was still in the NHL. He;s been around since the 90s, hasn't he?

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Before the year I would have never thought he would be in the top five, let alone leading the Avs in scoring, at this point in the season. Disappointing year so far for some of his teammates that are underachieving.

Dec 2, 2010
Feels like Duchene is just getting chances but unlucky. Mac is having a nightmare season but he'll get through it. Just averaging out last season's overachieving.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Feels like Duchene is just getting chances but unlucky. Mac is having a nightmare season but he'll get through it. Just averaging out last season's overachieving.

You don't know what your talking about haha. Duchene has been pretty awful this season. And now Mac overachieved last season haha?

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
As much as I like Tanguay, he shouldn't be the guy leading Avalanche in scoring(at this point of his career). This just shows why Avalanche is really struggling. Scoring goals for anyone is else is just............ ASGSDFGFDGJHJG

Tanguay has been the bright spot this season though. Still amazing player.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
You don't know what your talking about haha. Duchene has been pretty awful this season. And now Mac overachieved last season haha?

Speak for yourself, Duchene has been anything but awful.

That being said, MacKinnon is outpacing last year at this point in the season so it's far from a nightmare. But not exactly an improvement either given how much better we know he can play. He's got a lot of maturing to do on the ice.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Speak for yourself, Duchene has been anything but awful.

That being said, MacKinnon is outpacing last year at this point in the season so it's far from a nightmare. But not exactly an improvement either given how much better we know he can play. He's got a lot of maturing to do on the ice.

He's had mad tunnel vision and is turning the puck over at an extremely high rate. Granted I've missed a few games this year but he hasn't been good when I've saw him except for a short stretch at the beginning of the year. Perhaps losing is getting to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad