Alex Stalock

X-SHARKIE

Sharks drafted him in the fourth round after he was the Clarkson Cup Playoff MVP and carried Cedar Rapids to the Cup.

He will play for Minnesota Daluth next year, he's currently at the USA U-20 evaluation camp.

I really like Stalock myself, in fact I think he's the Sharks second best goaltending prospect behind Greiss. He reminds me of Marty Turco, he's very athletic, great refelexes, extremely nimble with good dexterity, highly aggressive!! mabey tries to do to much in the crease.... great at moving the puck, when it comes to a goaltender who can play the puck well, he's as good as any.

Patience with him, but he's a good one!

Danny30

Jun 6, 2006
I remember watching him play in the state tournament. He was unbelivable. I have never seen a goaltender handle the puck the way he did. South St. Paul was badly outplayed. Score could have easily been 10 to nothing if it wasn't for him. I think they ended up losing 2 to 1. One of the best performances by a goaltender I have ever seen. I haven't seen him since, so I can't say much as of late.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
yeah i kept hearing good things about him but i have never seen him play. thanks for responding

D.Legwand

Jun 4, 2004
Minnesota
I remember watching him play in the state tournament. He was unbelivable. I have never seen a goaltender handle the puck the way he did. South St. Paul was badly outplayed. Score could have easily been 10 to nothing if it wasn't for him. I think they ended up losing 2 to 1. One of the best performances by a goaltender I have ever seen. I haven't seen him since, so I can't say much as of late.

his first game there that year, early in the first he was trying to put on a show and had to make a diving blocker save from the side of the net. he settled down and hit somebody on a huge break away pass later in the period. mad stick skills.

X-SHARKIE

haha, sorry....I thought the periods..... in ....between would help haha.

Yeah I ment his aggressive style reminds me of Turco...but another attribute is his ability to rise to the occasion.

I didn't mean he's a big game goalie like Turco...because we know that isn't true come playoff time.

The Big E

Oct 5, 2005
Minneapolis
I hope he gets some playing time this coming year in Duluth. He's a gamer ... I also saw him single-handedly carry South St Paul in the State Tourney a couple of years back. We'll find out if he can translate his game to the WCHA. UMD is a young team and whatever goalie is in the net will face LOTS of rubber.

The Big E

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad