Alex Shkotov..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jerk*

can I get a report on this guy, I haven't been able to get that much information on him, I know he played in the Q last year, and put up very solid numbers. Who would you compare him to, and how has he progresses since being drafted?? Lastly, I just gotta say, the Blues prospects don't get enough love around here, don't know if it's because of the lack of posters, or the fact their team prospect site is updated about once a decade, but they've got some decent ones..

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
vik said:
can I get a report on this guy, I haven't been able to get that much information on him, I know he played in the Q last year, and put up very solid numbers. Who would you compare him to, and how has he progresses since being drafted?? Lastly, I just gotta say, the Blues prospects don't get enough love around here, don't know if it's because of the lack of posters, or the fact their team prospect site is updated about once a decade, but they've got some decent ones..

He's still playing in the Q, and has been one of the Remparts better players in the playoffs if not the best, imo. He's got a ton of skill, looked good in the one remax game he played. Slick moves, good skating, nice stickhandling. He got into it with the Rocket bench the other night, when he got checked up high, after the play he skated over to the Rocket bench to show them his mouthguard cause he was unhappy with the hit (I assume) he got 10 minutes for it which didn't help his team any. But he's a top notch prospect, imo.

As for the Blues, I like Zakharov a lot, and not often talked about but Lee Stempniak and Troy Riddle are impressive.

PEli*

He's still a talented **** disturber and will always find a way to make himself the center of attention. Great skills and is one of the better offensive talents in the Q but it's still the same old story in terms of him being a pain in the ass.

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
PEli said:
Great skills and is one of the better offensive talents in the Q but it's still the same old story in terms of him being a pain in the ass.

You make it sound as if it is a drawback. In todays NHL it is a big asset :D

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
shveik said:
You make it sound as if it is a drawback. In todays NHL it is a big asset :D

Actually, he was trade to Quebec early this season because he wasn't willing to share time w/ the other two internationals on the team and got into w/ the coach of Moncton.

I have seen him play at camp this past season, but was wondering if he is a floater or goes into high traffic areas. Thanks for the updates guys.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Frenzy1 said:
Actually, he was trade to Quebec early this season because he wasn't willing to share time w/ the other two internationals on the team and got into w/ the coach of Moncton.

I have seen him play at camp this past season, but was wondering if he is a floater or goes into high traffic areas. Thanks for the updates guys.

That and he doesnt play defense. Moncton has a trapping coach.

That is like having a floater and defensive liabilty on the New Jersey Devils. He will be gone in a split second.

But the thing is Alexie can play good defense when he wants. He played in the Red Army team. And hes qucik and strong.

Just has no effort to play defense and would rather play run and gun.

Felix

May 16, 2003
Lviv/Ukraine
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
That and he doesnt play defense. Moncton has a trapping coach.

That is like having a floater and defensive liabilty on the New Jersey Devils. He will be gone in a split second.

But the thing is Alexie can play good defense when he wants. He played in the Red Army team. And hes qucik and strong.

Just has no effort to play defense and would rather play run and gun.

In fact, Blues does not have a record of drafting top-notch offensive players for the pasr years (mayby except of Nagy). Therefore I'd be glad if Shkotov could develop into a solid 20-30 goals scorer even without great commitment tp play defense.
Besides, in my opinion, the team can get more from a player due to good coaching with include such things as good relations between coach and player, coach's ability to use certain player in respective situations etc.
And I'm sure that you can't expect from say Satan to be say Sakic. Just work with what you have and use a player correctly.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
vik said:
Lastly, I just gotta say, the Blues prospects don't get enough love around here, don't know if it's because of the lack of posters, or the fact their team prospect site is updated about once a decade, but they've got some decent ones...

Thanks for the props.

I'd be glad to be the Blues' page editor, but I can't devote as much time to the site as the folks here would like. Maybe that will change soon, however...

Anyway, you're right about the Blues' prospects... they do have some good ones, and they don't get enough respect, either here or anywhere else. Shkotov is a good example. If he were an Ottawa prospect, or a Detroit prospect, people would be singing his praises to the skies. But because he's a Blues' prospect, people just look for the negatives.

PrussianBlue

The Jerk*

PrussianBlue said:
Thanks for the props.

I'd be glad to be the Blues' page editor, but I can't devote as much time to the site as the folks here would like. Maybe that will change soon, however...

Anyway, you're right about the Blues' prospects... they do have some good ones, and they don't get enough respect, either here or anywhere else. Shkotov is a good example. If he were an Ottawa prospect, or a Detroit prospect, people would be singing his praises to the skies. But because he's a Blues' prospect, people just look for the negatives.

PrussianBlue

It's true though, same thing if he was a Leaf prospect, or especially a Canadien prospect, any prospect that has lots of posters around usually gets lots of talk, I'm not saying they aren't good but some from other teams are sometimes looked over..

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
vik said:
I just saw him for 3 games in the playoffs. Thers's no doubt he's got some talent
but I haven't seen such a poor team player at that level in a long time. My first
thoughts were maybe he's only 16 and needs to mature and then I checked the
program to find out he's 19.I can't see this guy ever being a regular in the NHL.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
La-La-Laprise said:
Zakharov will be twice the player Shkotov is.

Zak is going to be a good one.

If that's true, then the Blues are in much better shape prospect-wise than people think. I like Zakharov a great deal, and think the Blues absolutely stole him with the 101st pick overall, but Shkotov has gotten lots of praise from the Blues' scouts and player personnel folks for his skill level.

PrussianBlue

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
He play for the QJMHL Rempatrs ( 15min from home ) , he's very exciting to watch . Even with bad linesmates he can play his game and his lack of size isin't a concern , at least in this league , he read the play well and can protect the puck if needed . Nice shot , exllenct stickhandling and buzzing moves . He also played few games at the WJC on a line with Ovechkin this year .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad