Speculation: Alex Pietrangelo Megathread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
$8.8 for Pietrangelo - $1.9 salary cap space = $6.9 to clear.

Fleury makes $7.0.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I don't see how you get that from what he said...he has a point. Previous UFAs have almost literally had red carpets rolled out for them. I believe Tavares set up in his agent's office in California, and they invited 5-6 teams to fly out to California to make their presentations to him. He was the centre of attention, dictated the entire process, and basically had money just being thrown at him along with carefully curated 'this is why you should come play for us' pitches. This market has upset everything, and that's clearly not happening at the same scale anymore. Any other year and Taylor Hall isn't signing a one year deal in Buffalo, and Alex Pietrangelo would not have just been flown out to Vegas -- he would have had half the league offering that sort of treatment.

It sucks for this crop of UFAs, but they just aren't going to get the same money (or treatment, since so few teams have the cap to make a serious pitch).
The point is don’t worry about it, the guy signs when he signs and he don’t owe Joey HFBoards one red cent worth of nothing

People are obviously a little pissy when the bigger names dare not do exactly what is expected of them

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I know, it's against site rules. There should be a one-off forum for about 2 weeks that catalogues every post made on HF the last few days talking about how Pietrangelo had overplayed his hand, wasn't going to get what he thought he would, should have taken the Blues offer because that was as good as he was going to get, etc., because there are a whole bunch of posters who should probably go fast for a couple of days for all the crow they need to woof down.

Reactions: The Duck Knight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->