Speculation: Alex Pietrangelo Megathread: contract talks with the Blues have stalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Peter Chiarelli was a hired as a consultant two weeks before the Faulk trade...

Chiarelli: "Doug we should trade for Faulk and then immediately extend him before he plays a game here."

Armstrong: "Idk Peter, shouldn't we see how he fits first?"

Chiarelli: "Look at his sick flow Doug! You could make the strongest rope ever from that hair!

Armstrong: "I'm not sure what that has to do with anything but you've convinced me."

I like to blame everything that goes wrong on Chiarelli so I imagine this is how that convo went.

Reactions: Llamamoto

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If he hits the market I'm confident Vegas will find a way to put in an offer in the 8 x 7 range.

I still don't think St. Louis is dumb enough to let him walk, but if they are it'll come down to Toronto and Vegas.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I think he ultimately returns to the blues. They just have to cap dump one of steen or bozak.

But in this market with so many teams on internal caps and looking to dump players, sweeteners to do so will be very costly.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If you trade Andersen you need to acquire a #1 goalie. Like, Murray or Lehner won't be cheaper than him.

You have 6 mil in cap to sign at least 4 forwards and fix the right side of the D. Not really possible without drafting and developing some young talent.

I know cap friendly has the Leafs at 6.1 million but I'm not sure why, they were at 4.6 then they traded Kapanen should put them at 7.8

Still not enough but better than 6.1

I thought they were counting E rod but he isn't signed and appears to be missing from the roster.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I think he ultimately returns to the blues. They just have to cap dump one of steen or bozak.

But in this market with so many teams on internal caps and looking to dump players, sweeteners to do so will be very costly.

Funny same thing was said for allen. If anything blues could retain 1 mil for bozak and get a 3rd from a team. He is a low 2 high-end 3c.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Funny same thing was said for allen. If anything blues could retain 1 mil for bozak and get a 3rd from a team. He is a low 2 high-end 3c.

the reality of a pandemic is starting to hit teams.

NBCSports analyst Pierre McGuire admitted as much this week during one of his regular morning hits on TSN1200.

“I’m going to caution everybody including Mark Borowiecki’s agent, these are way different times in the National Hockey League, and you’re just starting to see just a little ripple in the water. This is going to be a very different time financially for the league, and for a lot of member clubs in the league. I’m just telling you. The stories haven’t broken yet, but this is going to be a way different time for free agents, be a way different time for established players. You’re going to see some major cost-cutting around the National Hockey League, major, major cost-cutting. There are people writing stories now about this team laying off these people. You’re going to see a lot more. It’s going to trickle down to player’s salaries. This is a very different time in this league. It’s not getting enough exposure right now. I completely understand because of the playoffs. No one really wants to talk about it.

[emphasis added]

Different Times Ahead for NHL Clubs? – “Good Players are in Play” - Full Press Coverage

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If he hits the market I'm confident Vegas will find a way to put in an offer in the 8 x 7 range.

I still don't think St. Louis is dumb enough to let him walk, but if they are it'll come down to Toronto and Vegas.

I wouldn't do a full NMC for 7 years. Partial NTC in the last 3 years because he is going to hit the wall hard around 35 or so. Pie has played a lot of hard minutes and no one knows this better than Armstrong, which is why he's dicking him around.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
You are clueless. Most teams in this league barely turn a profit every year. COVID is going to ravage a gate-driven league like the NHL.

we're talking about the Leafs and that isn't Pietrangelo's problem

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
Petro is going to the Leafs 100%. Everyone should understand this by now. Something team friendly around $8.9 per. Book it. They can easily fill out the roster with the Thornton's and Simmonds for a million each. Dubas will get credit but players will want to come home during the pandemic.
Toronto is not his home anymore sorry.

Reactions: Blueston

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I wouldn't do a full NMC for 7 years. Partial NTC in the last 3 years because he is going to hit the wall hard around 35 or so. Pie has played a lot of hard minutes and no one knows this better than Armstrong, which is why he's dicking him around.

No full NMC would be preferable, but you've got to do whatever it takes to get him to sign and live with the tail off at the end of the deal I think. Whether that's trade protection or front loading the deal with signing bonuses. The Knights have a fantastic 2 or 3 year Cup window here with all of their important players locked in and some good young players that should be able to contribute on ELC's in Glass/Krebs/Whitecloud/Hague.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
we're talking about the Leafs and that isn't Pietrangelo's problem
Yeah, Toronto is one of like 5 teams that actually take in a decent profit any given year. But they are flush against the cap. It very very much is Petrangelo's problem.

Reactions: axlrose87

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Reactions: TheKingPin

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Anyone know if Pietrangelo is close friends with Jake Allen or Edmundson?

Maybe trading for Allen and giving the Blues cap space was a smoke screen to coax him over to Montreal.:sarcasm:

Reactions: CupInSIX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->