Speculation: Alex Pietrangelo Megathread: contract talks with the Blues have stalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

REM17

Jul 21, 2010
Switzerland
He's a UFA during the offseason in which:

- The cap is flat and many teams are hard up against it
- COVID is reporting causing many teams to impose an internal cap in the $70-80m range

It sucks for Petro, but he became a UFA at the worst possible time, and he's just not going to get the kind of fair value he would have e.g. last year, even from one of the few teams that theoretically have a lot of cap space.

Dumbass will grossly overpay, as usual...

CitizenSnips

TheFightingMongooses
Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis
Faulk for Jack Johnson straight up. Pens get the better player, Blues get the space to sign Petrangelo.
I gotta think if this was on the table, the Blues would have to think long and hard about it. I personally think all the Faulk hate is just silly because people see him as "Petros replacement or insurance policy" and "the reason we cannot sign our captain" but as it has been pointed out, he was brought in as a replacement for Shattenkirk. Sure the contract looks bad based on his performance last year but I think he will have a good season coming up.

All that said, I think I would pull the trigger on that deal just because it would also give us room to address a stop gap until Tarasenko comes back

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Avs can really use AP

Girard / AP
Graves / Makar
Byram /Cole or Johnson /

Timmins Cole could be traded as he is in the last year of his deal

Graves could also be traded being a RFA and probably having his best season.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Avs can really use AP

Girard / AP
Graves / Makar
Byram /Cole or Johnson /

Timmins Cole could be traded as he is in the last year of his deal

Graves could also be traded being a RFA and probably having his best season.

Avs would be scary if that happened.

Would be a good fit for both I would think.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Custance says NHL teams believe Sakic is open to trading Erik Johnson. If EJ is moved you can bank on Colorado being a major player for Pietrangelo.
Good luck with that some 17 NHL teams will have an internal budget of $70 million or less. You'll need trading partners to make the deal. Could quite possibly be teams that can afford him but may not be on his trade list.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

huh.gif

As in...the Blues have given him permission to talk with other clubs?

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Trade Faulk to Calgary.

Hanifin is trade bait. Hamonic is not coming back, Gustafsson is gone and Brodie is probably gone too.

They need D and Faulk will probably do good there.

Dallas, Devils, Detroit, Vancouver & Winnipeg could possibly be interested too.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
lol wtf? Faulk isn’t going to Calgary.
Why not? He fills a need and he's only 28 years old. He will most likely bounce back, you can get him dirt cheap according to Blues fans (maybe they'll sweeten the deal).

Giordano, Andersson, Kylington and Vallimaki isn't good enough. You need some good D, a vet who also can score some points for you.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Why not? He fills a need and he's only 28 years old. He will most likely bounce back, you can get him dirt cheap according to Blues fans (maybe they'll sweeten the deal).

Giordano, Andersson, Kylington and Vallimaki isn't good enough. You need some good D, a vet who also can score some points for you.

Why would we trade for Faulk when we too could try and attempt to get Pietrangelo? Dirt cheap because it costs a ton of cap space to take him on. The Blues dug their own grave, we're not doing them any favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad