Alex Petrovic

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Great pick.

One of my favorite WHL defenseman. The complete package. Great passer. Smart defender. Nice and physical. Rocket shot. Prototypical Western League dman. Florida's got a gem here.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Does he have a legitimate chance to crack the upcoming WJC team?

Hard to say. Going to be some stiff competition, even just from guys out West.

Going to be competing with guys like McIlrath, and even Duncan Siemens has an outside shot at it so we will see.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Hard to say. Going to be some stiff competition, even just from guys out West.

Going to be competing with guys like McIlrath, and even Duncan Siemens has an outside shot at it so we will see.

Agree. His game is actually quite similar to Gudbranson's (coincidentally another FLA pick), and there's only a certain number of those types of player that can be on the team. But you sure do notice him out there when he's playing, he makes an impact on the game. Physical, hard shot, reaalllyy tall, decent skater (could work on his pivots and agility), but he is going to be a player for sure I would say.

CoolburnIsGone

When he was drafted, as a FL fan, I was worried he was going to be another 1 dimensional defensive d-man. But he's seemed to add that offensive side of the game this season. I know Tallon isnt going to rush him but I cant wait to see him in the NHL. It seems to me that he's bypassed WHL alum Colby Robak within the system too as Petrovic is better defensively and seems to be able to do more than Robak.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
When he was drafted, as a FL fan, I was worried he was going to be another 1 dimensional defensive d-man. But he's seemed to add that offensive side of the game this season. I know Tallon isnt going to rush him but I cant wait to see him in the NHL. It seems to me that he's bypassed WHL alum Colby Robak within the system too as Petrovic is better defensively and seems to be able to do more than Robak.

When he gets to the NHL, he probably will be a one-dimensional defensive defenseman. I don't necessarily see his offense translating but he's going to be a nasty pain to play against every night. He really shines on PK, I remember watching him killing off 5-on-3's when he was 16 in Red Deer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->