Will you be watching tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I’ve stopped watching.

Can someone TLDR this loss for me in a serious, non-meme way.

Panthers up 1-0 going into the third period, then give up four goals in the 3rd. First goal, Yandle gets way too aggressive on a pass at the end of a long power play shift, Blues take it in and get a goal.

Second goal, Petro + Matheson on the ice, garbage.

Third goal, Petro + Matheson on the ice, garbage.

Fourth goal, Petro + Matheson on the ice being garbage, but to be fair Matheson was blatantly cross-checked leading directly to a goal.

I have been strongly in the corner that goaltending is the biggest problem on the team this season, but not tonight. Lu got absolutely no help on 3 of those goals and was hung out to dry. Petrovic should never wear a Panthers uniform again. Matheson, I guess we're stuck with him, but at least give him a competent, steady guy to cover for his awful defensive zone turnovers. In an ideal world he would be straight up benched for that garbage.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Panthers up 1-0 going into the third period, then give up four goals in the 3rd. First goal, Yandle gets way too aggressive on a pass at the end of a long power play shift, Blues take it in and get a goal.

Second goal, Petro + Matheson on the ice, garbage.

Third goal, Petro + Matheson on the ice, garbage.

Fourth goal, Petro + Matheson on the ice being garbage, but to be fair Matheson was blatantly cross-checked leading directly to a goal.

I have been strongly in the corner that goaltending is the biggest problem on the team this season, but not tonight. Lu got absolutely no help on 3 of those goals and was hung out to dry. Petrovic should never wear a Panthers uniform again. Matheson, I guess we're stuck with him, but at least give him a competent, steady guy to cover for his awful defensive zone turnovers. In an ideal world he would be straight up benched for that garbage.
They could try acquiring a stay at home defenceman and try Matheson on the wing. He has the wheels and a nice wrist shot.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
They could try acquiring a stay at home defenceman and try Matheson on the wing. He has the wheels and a nice wrist shot.

I mean, we already have one. Kis being on the bench cost us points tonight. I can not be convinced otherwise.

And for what it's worth I do not feel like I am dogpiling on Petrovic or just scapegoating him. He and Matheson were legitimately AWFUL in the defensive zone tonight. Absolutely terrible. Every time they had a shift it was like a disaster you were praying they could figure out how to avert.

Reactions: Rahooji

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
yandle, kis, weegar, half our d-corp there and i love it. but lets go ahead and scratch one on more than one occasion. for petrovic. if they think theyre building trade value, theres not to build. he has no value. just ship him somewhere where some old boys club gm will pay us a 3rd and take it all day. play kis every game, call macd for callup purposes and mccoshen after him.

Reactions: Rahooji

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Here's a scary stat, Matheson is leading the league in giveaways/60 min by a far margin at 5.2 giveaways. Next would be Getzlaf at 4.5 and the league average? 1.9....

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
yandle, kis, weegar, half our d-corp there and i love it. but lets go ahead and scratch one on more than one occasion. for petrovic. if they think theyre building trade value, theres not to build. he has no value. just ship him somewhere where some old boys club gm will pay us a 3rd and take it all day. play kis every game, call macd for callup purposes and mccoshen after him.
Ekblad too.

I’m a big boughner defender but Kis needs to play every game. Petro needs to go. Inexcusable to play Petro over him

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Here's a scary stat, Matheson is leading the league in giveaways/60 min by a far margin at 5.2 giveaways. Next would be Getzlaf at 4.5 and the league average? 1.9....
Matheson costs us more games than any other non goalie. Been saying it for a long time but his hockey iq is zero. Constantly makes the wrong play and has so many unforced errors.

His contract creates a big hurdle to improve our D. Another major Tallon screw up.

Reactions: pantherbot

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
It’s not like they need Matheson to be all world on offense. They have Yandle and Ekblad doing fine in that department. Matheson’s part on this defensive unit is a mystery to me.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Ekblad too.

I’m a big boughner defender but Kis needs to play every game. Petro needs to go. Inexcusable to play Petro over him
I have no doubt that he could go somewhere and fit in and be good, he's my boy and one of the nicest athletes I met, but it's most painfully obvious he ain't meshing with anyone here.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017

Yandle had that one gaffe tonight but he also had two standout defensive plays. He's been great. Ekblad slumped to open the season but I think has also been quite good lately. Weegar is a keeper and playing well. Kiselevich I think is more than just a bottom pairing body. Guy is a legit keeper. And Pysyk, who I have never been a fan of, is honestly playing perfectly fine hockey right now.

It's two guys who are ankle weights on this defense and it's plainly obvious. You put them out there together tonight and the result was a dumpster fire in the third period that cost the Panthers the game.

I want to defend Matheson because he has great talent, but I can't. He plays like a dickhead.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Well when it backs up the eye test, at least it's not that scary.

Legit Rozsivaling out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad