Alex Ovechkin hits 700 career NHL goals!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
NHL.com needs to chill the f*** out with the Ovi doesn’t score headlines for every game the Caps play. We can watch highlights and check a box score to see for ourselves.

Also Ovi hardly wants all the extra attention until he actually hits the milestone. I know he doesn’t exactly get intimidated but even he must be squeezing his stick tight with all the media buzz right now.

Reactions: Faterson

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
NHL.com needs to chill the **** out with the Ovi doesn’t score headlines for every game the Caps play. We can watch highlights and check a box score to see for ourselves.

Also Ovi hardly wants all the extra attention until he actually hits the milestone. I know he doesn’t exactly get intimidated but even he must be squeezing his stick tight with all the media buzz right now.
It doesn’t matter if he, or any fans don’t like the media buzz, it’s a huge deal deserving of the attention. We are about to see something that's only happened 7 times in the entire history of the league.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It doesn’t matter if he, or any fans don’t like the media buzz, it’s a huge deal deserving of the attention. We are about to see something that's only happened 7 times in the entire history of the league.

Completely agree. So go nuts once he hits it - the media should have a field day. But every game he doesn't score do we really need to see the headline "Ovechkin doesn't score in Caps..."?

Reactions: Faterson

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I love all the publicity surrounding Ovi. A few years ago I felt he was arguably the greatest goal scorer in NHL history. In 2020 there is now no argument, especially when adjusting for era and the like. It has been cool to be able to watch the entire career of such an amazing hockey player. All the buzz and anticipation is warranted. Great stuff for the NHL to promote.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Ovechkin career vs Colorado: 19 games-8 goals.
Last 5 games vs Avs: 2 goals.
10/19/19: Goal (Grubauer)
2/7/19: 0 (Varlamov)
11/16/18: Goal (Grubauer)
12/12/17: 0 (Varlamov)
11/16/17 0 (Varlamov)

Ovechkin has never had a multi goal game vs Colorado.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO

Oh, it's gonna happen. Get excited!
giphy.gif

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Its common for players to get stuck on these milestones, hope he gets it soon and goes on a tear after to win another Rocket.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'll be at the game and I think it would be really freaking cool to see some hockey history in person.

A 5-2 win for the Avs with Ovi getting two would be an awesome night in the Can.

You realize there's 7 players with 700+ goals already? He's not even passing anybody once he hits 700. What history is being seen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->