Alex Nylander

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
If you watch Nylander over the last couple months ( and most of the season), he gets the puck he’s immediately looking to give it to someone. That’s a sign of a player with no confidence.

I’m hoping the last game will help his confidence and we can start see what kind of player he could be.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well...we all hate it when younger players defer to the vets and pas first instead of wanting the puck and wanting g to score and beat goalies by themselves..Obviously Nylandsr has skill but you gotta also want to star...gotta want to lead...gotta WANT...So far he is very inconsistency in the wanting and bringing it dept.

A sign simply of immature youthful "lack of confidence: OR a mark ofca character flaw that will prevent consistency of starring g and so prevent a lengthy stay in Chicahp or the NHL?

IF he was just18 or 19 ...we'll gecwould get more leeway ..but tge maturing tome clock is nowxrunnibg on hom..He nerds to prove he can be a consistent points producer and start becoming a regular threat in a top six role
..else his career will go flush...

I hope he realizesxthisxand as the saying goes now steos up and takes the bull by the horns..

If he plays regularly with Kane he MUST take
advantage of the opportunity...not fritter it away ...

So hopefully he now is making that great leap forward..It woukd be a pity to see skill like his wastexaway in only brief glimpses occaisio ally of the starched COULD BE..if he wants it bad enough.

Does he want it bad enough?

Reactions: Dividejoy

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
On what planet is Nylander bad defensively?
He's positionally sound, he backchecks and forechecks well, he generates takeaways....but is a little weak on the boards, which isn't unusual for a rookie. He's actually a good defender....idk what planet you guys are living on because it isn't Earth.

If you guys think that he's floating or something, I get it but that could mean that he's probably F1.
F1's job is to hang out near the blueline on D.

Last edited:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
If you guys think that he's floating or something, I get it but that could mean that he's probably F1.
F1's job is to hang out near the blueline on D.

F1 is not a fixed position assigned to an individual player. F3 becomes an F1 in a heartbeat and vice versa. Sorry but that doesn't fly by me. (see what I did there?)

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I have no idea what that means, F1 is the first guy on or near the puck. Ozone or Dzone.
He's the guy leading the forecheck, no? So that would be the guy closest to the blueline, no? My misunderstanding.

I always thought
F1: forward closest to the blueline
F2: forward closest to the slot
F3: forward closest to the net

My bad if that's wrong

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He can be more than that. Dude is really weak though. He needs to eat protein, and hit the damn weight room. I don't think I've seen an NHL player so weak.

agreed, I know this is from the combine so it was a few years back but I don't imagine that he has hit the gym like he should have.... the guy has no strength across the chest.

cut.jpg

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
here is his bro Will, you can see that Will spent WAY more time in the gym than Alex did and the strength shows.

by the way this was from twitter with the caption that Will evolved like a Pokemon

CoGeLqfWEAAywtj

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
agreed, I know this is from the combine so it was a few years back but I don't imagine that he has hit the gym like he should have.... the guy has no strength across the chest.

cut.jpg
Oh my....that doesn't look like a pro athlete.
No wonder he gets physically bullied by just about everyone.
That play where Kane gave him the suicide pass....I'm surprised he wasn't bleeding on the ice like Gretzky in NHL 94. He got absolutely destroyed.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Oh my....that doesn't look like a pro athlete.
No wonder he gets physically bullied by just about everyone.
That play where Kane gave him the suicide pass....I'm surprised he wasn't bleeding on the ice like Gretzky in NHL 94. He got absolutely destroyed.

ya look at this one, hard to tell with the short guy in the middle but everyone else but him and Alex have tree trunks for thighs.

kid needs to hit the gym on legs and chest, he has decent biceps but that is about it.

tumblr_pe6kwrhzIE1ul51xy_500.jpg

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
just decided to use google to back up whoever point it was the Alex needs to hit the gym, which he does.
No I was talking about Nylander. What is he doing??? It's like he's not taking his career seriously. When you're an athlete, you gotta take care of your body. He's not doing that. These aren't 18 year old kids anymore...gotta hit the gym to perform against grown ass men.

I honestly don't know if he can get strong enough to hang with men in 1 offseason. He's got a lot of work to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad