Confirmed with Link: Alex Nylander traded to Chicago for Henri Jokiharju

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Ugh. Brandon Hagel scored a goal in that scrimmage.

Hagel looked pretty good - stood out more than the apple of Bowman's eye.

I'm still nauseated by this trade and think it'll turn out a BIG win for you Sabres guys.
Imho Jokijarju a legit 2nd pair dman.

Actually wouldn't be surprised either, Hagel's tenure w/ the CHI organ-I-zation more successful
than Nylander's - tho Hagel as an eventual bottom 6 contributor & Nylander just continuing
to underwhelm til all his chances used up.

Time will tell of course ..

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I just don’t like makar and everyone is already drooling all over him. His hype is way too high for the player he will be

He was HE POTY and won the Hobey Baker as a sophomore at UMass.

Then he looked good when he stepped into the Avs lineup at the end of the year.

I get why he gets the hype and I think he's going to be a solid player for Colorado.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Wheeler: The top 50 drafted NHL prospects ranking, 2019...

26. Henri Jokiharju, RHD, 20 (Buffalo Sabres — 29th overall, 2017)

“He loves me, he loves me not.”
That’s the gist of Jokiharju’s rookie season. And regardless of how his head coach in Chicago felt about him, Jokiharju makes a lot of sense for the Sabres and they ought to be excited about what they’re getting because he’s got the chance to be a good No. 2 or No. 3 defenceman, even if there isn’t enough talent there to be a No. 1 guy. And while it won’t happen immediately, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jokiharju is Dahlin’s wingman in a year or two’s time. His poise under pressure is enviable and it should, in time, make him a possession-driving, modern NHL defenceman who can play in transition or slow things down to his tempo.

upload_2019-7-22_14-36-40.jpeg

Jokiharju at #26. Nylander not on the list at all. (not that it really means much, just thought I’d share)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wheeler: The top 50 drafted NHL prospects ranking, 2019...

26. Henri Jokiharju, RHD, 20 (Buffalo Sabres — 29th overall, 2017)

“He loves me, he loves me not.”
That’s the gist of Jokiharju’s rookie season. And regardless of how his head coach in Chicago felt about him, Jokiharju makes a lot of sense for the Sabres and they ought to be excited about what they’re getting because he’s got the chance to be a good No. 2 or No. 3 defenceman, even if there isn’t enough talent there to be a No. 1 guy. And while it won’t happen immediately, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jokiharju is Dahlin’s wingman in a year or two’s time. His poise under pressure is enviable and it should, in time, make him a possession-driving, modern NHL defenceman who can play in transition or slow things down to his tempo.

View attachment 245963

Jokiharju at #26. Nylander not on the list at all. (not that it really means much, just thought I’d share)

Also worth noting, he flipped Byram and Cozens again and he even put that into the article. He was very high on DC and clearly is high on Henri too.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Makar suffered some rookie mistakes during the Avs playoff run but he was the real deal as far as I could see. One of the ancillary reasons they could let Nemeth go, trade Barrie and give Zadorov a 1 yr deal....

Makar was the player I pined for hardest in 2017. Watching him with Brooks in the playoffs... I had and still have rightie Leetch vibes. And he will make mistakes, but like Dahlin in Buffalo (and even Henri in Chicago), it's the confidence to come back out and do it again or remain unflappable if something goes wrong that will help define him. I'm hoping that Krueger gives some of the kids a long leash like he did in Edmonton, Jokiharju among them, in much the same way Bednar is going to have to live with some gambles from Makar (and Girard and Byram... and perhaps Timmons if he's finally, at long last healthy).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That part of his game has been an issue all along. It plagued him in Rochester.

It looked just like a play out of his Amerk tenure. Sort of reaching, being weak on the puck in his own zone... there are more out there like this.

Member 308457

I predicted the Sabres would draft Nylander based on his highlights. Apparently Nylander's highlights don't make the player. He looks like he has anemia, with long stretches of uninspired play. I agree, Jokiharju > Chycrun. All's good with this deal!

Last edited by a moderator:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Nylander looked really good against us I thought.

Guess his play has dropped since then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad