Confirmed with Link: Alex Nylander traded to Chicago for Henri Jokiharju

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Yea and a floater I only base it on the AHL games I've been to and seen though.
If he left you unimpressed at those viewings I don't blame you. But he needs to be surrounded with similar talent that thinks the game like he does. That is what my viewings tell me. He grows as the stage grows. AHL and Rochester was not a good fit.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
If he left you unimpressed at those viewings I don't blame you. But he needs to be surrounded with similar talent that thinks the game like he does. That is what my viewings tell me. He grows as the stage grows. AHL and Rochester was not a good fit.

said no hard working player with any semblance of character ever.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
said no hard working player with any semblance of character ever.
I don't believe it is character issues as much as it is about finding him an environment where he can become relaxed and enjoy playing. Not over think and not get into his own head. I don't think it was in Buffalo's best interest to keep him in Rochester. They could have made an exception for Alex and gift him playing time on the Sabres. I know that is not how they do things but he was their 8th overall pick and he needed more playing time in the NHL to develop properly. It's a waste of a pick otherwise.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I don't believe it is character issues as much as it is about finding him an environment where he can become relaxed and enjoy playing. Not over think and not get into his own head. I don't think it was in Buffalo's best interest to keep him in Rochester. They could have made an exception for Alex and gift him playing time on the Sabres. I know that is not how they do things but he was their 8th overall pick and he needed more playing time in the NHL to develop properly. It's a waste of a pick otherwise.

it was a waste of a pick the day they took him...

edit: until the day we traded him for a better player albeit a lesser talent then those we could've had with that pick.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Perhaps. We had to temper or expectations as his U20 performances slid over time - his last was fairly uninspiring compared to the first two - so it may be supporting cast, but there are indications that it is also definitely him.

Last edited:

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Perhaps. We had to temper or expectations as his U20 performances slid over time - his last was fairly uninspiring compared to the first two - so it may be supporting cast, but there are indications that it is also definitely him.
I don't doubt that. But players are different and will react differently to being benched etcetera. Some need the soft treatment and some need the hard treatment. I think Alex needs the soft approach and to be given much encouragement so that he finds his rhythm.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Alex Nylander canceled a vacation to participate in Blackhawks development camp. GM Stan Bowman was impressed.

It’s rare for players with NHL experience to attend development camp. Nylander, who has played in 19 games with the Sabres, attended their development camp in past years but didn’t go to their most recent one last month.

“He’s a big kid, he’s almost 200 pounds,” Bowman said. “So his physical strength is there. Now it’s just trying to put it all together. He’s got a great skill set, he wants to be a player, he wants to learn, and he’s been asking questions out there, talking to the coaches, listening to what they have to say and trying to incorporate it in the drills. I’ve found him to be coachable and I think he’s excited.”

Last edited:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Wasn't it mandatory for him?
I don’t think so since he’s already has pro experience and has been to numerous development camps, but IMO it wouldn’t have been the best look if he didn’t go (somewhat similar to how I felt about him not attending buffalo’s development camp (if he truly chose not to attend) seeing as we have a newly hired coach).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Maybe that's why the Sabres were happy to move on from him. Nylander was asked to come to the Sabres camp and rejected it.

Greeley didn't say that and the only person who implied it was Peters. I still haven't heard a direct quote saying Nylander refused to participate.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Obviously, according to some Hawks fans, Adam Boqvist is generational. They came to that conclusion bcs of a scrimmage. In the offseason.

Exuberant fans are not unique to the Hawks. We could toddle over to almost ever scoring prediction thread ever... or the Mittelstadt thread before last season... or rando's Tweeting about Olofsson this summer.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Exuberant fans are not unique to the Hawks. We could toddle over to almost ever scoring prediction thread ever... or the Mittelstadt thread before last season... or rando's Tweeting about Olofsson this summer.

'Exuberant' huh? You're being very kind with your choice of words.

I often use several very different adjectives when describing categories of fans around the league :laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
'Exuberant' huh? You're being very kind with your choice of words.

I often use several very different adjectives when describing categories of fans around the league :laugh:

I guess that would be the polite term for being exaggerating homers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->