Prospect Info: Alex Nylander (2016, 8th) – '17-18: Rochester #92 (AHL)

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Like I'd say about Eichel, he's realllly effective when his feet are moving and he's challenging pucks, because he's quite fast, and has a good stick.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
The kid looks so small for someone 6’1”. He can’t beat anybody off a puck. He’s not good enough to rely on skill and speed. He better start bulking up if he’s going to make the NHL.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Nylander did not look out of place. Maybe his time has come. I went to tonight's game basically to see what he could do--did not expect much from the team--and he was just fine.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Nylander did not look out of place. Maybe his time has come. I went to tonight's game basically to see what he could do--did not expect much from the team--and he was just fine.
Now we need to see the trend continue upward. I hope he builds confidence with each game and sees that he can contribute and be quite effective if he works.

On the two on one assist, he looked to find his teammate and then looked away, and made the pass no-look. I think his proactive “look forward” delayed the dman’s dive that millisecond and the pass went thru. Sick.

Reactions: Chainshot

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Based on what we've seen from him in camps and with his other brief NHL time, he seems to have a bit of Reinhart's ability to mesh well with anyone.

I’ve been thinking for a while that this team’s number one need offensively is to find a way to clone Reinhart. He makes lines better, consistently. If Nylander can grow into a second Reinhart, that would be fantastic.

He should be on the main roster for all of next year.

Agreed, and if this season is any indication, the majority of this team’s problems come from their veterans, not from their youth. Internal improvement in the form of Nylander, Smith, Olofsson, and O’Regan (if they convince him to stay) would open up roster competition and salary cap space, if the GM can find takers for underachievers.

As crappy as this season has been, overall, the future still looks very bright - just look at our prospect poll, where I see NHL potential 15 players deep - and Nylander could be a very big part of that bright future.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Anyone eh?

“Sobotka and Tage, come over here. I found a new friend for you two to play with”

Even Sam can only salvage one of those two at a time. (IIRC, Thompson-Mitts-Reinhart was a pretty solid line. I'm not sure anything can be done for Sobotka.) Poor Nylander when Phil inevitably tries something dumb like that.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Just a few games, but please...PLEASE let me be very wrong about him. I'll gladly take him as a 30-40 pt player, just a good complementary RW for Eichel would be a huge addition for next season.

I'm not suggesting you feel this way, but others do and it's interesting to me. A 30-40 complimentary winger from Nylander would be huge, but that describes Sheary, who from the tenor of most poeple here is completely garbage who should be off the team.

Personally, I agree with you 35 points from Nylander next year would be big. They really need to become something.

Reactions: Mitts888

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I'm not suggesting you feel this way, but others do and it's interesting to me. A 30-40 complimentary winger from Nylander would be huge, but that describes Sheary, who from the tenor of most poeple here is completely garbage who should be off the team.

Personally, I agree with you 35 points from Nylander next year would be big. They really need to become something.

Eh...kinda depends on salary, developing game or leveled off, and two-way game, etc. Sheary has leveled off and isn't very good defensively. I always hoped for more than that from Nylander, but gave up over the last year.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
To add: since he's been called up Buffalo has scored 7 goals - he's been in on 3 of them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->