Prospect Info: Alex Nylander (2016, 8th) – '17-18: Rochester #92 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Nylander wasnt a bad pick at the time. I never thought he would bust
Yeah there was no indication at draft day he would.
So I don't blame this on anyone.
It's like blaming the Oiler picking Yaku, he was praised as franchise altering winger and he surely was.
He got them McDavid
Also I rather have Dahlin then McAoy.

Last edited:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Nylander wasnt a bad pick at the time. I never thought he would bust
(and)

Yeah there was no indication at draft day he would.
So I don't blame this on anyone.
It's like blaming the Oiler picking Yaku, he was praised as franchise altering winger and he surely was.
He got them McDavid
Also I rather have Dahlin then McAoy.
He was a bad pick given the organizational need for d-men, with Sergachev picked just after him, and Chychrun who had dropped from both early and late-season draft rankings, also still available. That argument holds regardless of Nylander's development.

If you mean drafting McAvoy would have prevented BUF from landing Dahlin, that's highly speculative. It's a 3-team lottery, and there's no way of knowing how McAvoy, as a Sabre, would have factored into BUF's standings the past 2 years (as opposed to his 1 year in BOS). Not clear BUF would have finished out of the lottery, nor even 31st.

In a more realistic revisionist history, the Sabres would now have both: Dahlin and one of Sergachev, McAvoy, or Chychrun (my pre-draft preference).

He hasn't busted yet, he has one more season before I will officially label him a bust. He had 18 points in the final 23 games of the Amerks season so there's a little glimmer of hope after all. Plus he is going to be playing with the likes of Olofssin, Asplund, Pu, Pilut, Hickey (hopefully) and we have added a few other veterans so I am very confident Nylander with a competitive Amerks team he will finally put it all together. I still think Nylander can put up 50 points a season in the NHL. He is still only 20 years old people keep forgetting and sometimes it takes players longer to develop. Tom Wilson is a perfect example of that. The guy was rushed to the NHL but has salvaged his career and won the Stanley Cup and was pivotal playing with Kuz and OV and was one of the Capitals best players in the playoffs.

Lets give Nylander one more season before we call him a bust. Like I said he showed real signs of life at the end of the season with 18 points in 23 games
I get your point, but Wilson wasn't selected to be an offensive skating / scoring talent. In that regard the comparison to Nylander is off.

I think Harrington tweeter feed is blocked in my country
Consider it a humanitarian gesture by your government ministry.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Maybe I'm nuts, but I feel like the ROR trade just ratcheted up the pressure on Alex to actually progress.....and sooner rather than later.

We just dumped a top 6 forward and got a "doesn't necessarily look out of place in the top 6, sometimes" player back. We NEED him to work out now......wonder if he starts feeling that?

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I just realized that they weren't sitting Nylander out for a trade, he was actually injured. Same guy that injured himself in camp last year and was out for 4 months. Great.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Nylander is TWENTY. Klim Koston (probably the Blues prospect they were trying to push us on ) also played in the AHL right after being drafted as an 18 year old and what do ya know, he had almost an identical season.

Nylander is still on target to develop into a top 6 winger, he may not turn out to be his bro but he can definitely be a 25-25 winger.

Sheary-Eichel-Thompson
Nylander-Mittelstadt-Reinhart

That could be a very nice top 6 as soon as 2020. And aside from Eichel this could be a "cheap" top 6 also. I am excited for Nylander chances, with RoR gone I hope Nylander seizes this chance and becomes a top 6 winger.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I just realized that they weren't sitting Nylander out for a trade, he was actually injured. Same guy that injured himself in camp last year and was out for 4 months. Great.
'Injured' is pushing it. They hold guys out of dev camp if they're even nagged by something, which is why so many guys were ultimately held out. It happens every year. The off-ice touching of bases is what's most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->