Alex Meruelo sucks

Brian Cadle Fan

Sep 15, 2011
I would like to preface this by expressing my sympathy with your fanbase. I can't think of any other franchise that has treated it's supporters as poorly as the Phoenix/Arizona Coyotes.

I'm just curious whether you believe Meruelo will actually try to bring the NHL back to Arizona, or just take the money and run.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I would like to preface this by expressing my sympathy with your fanbase. I can't think of any other franchise that has treated it's supporters as poorly as the Phoenix/Arizona Coyotes.

I'm just curious whether you believe Meruelo will actually try to bring the NHL back to Arizona, or just take the money and run.
I think he's going to try it. The land is so valuable, it's a slam dunk for development.

What I'm in no way sure of is if he's going to actually build an arena and bring back a team.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Certainly Meruelo sucks but...in watching both press conferences and I know it's not apples to apples as one team is going out and one team coming in but...it is obvious there is greater synergy with Ryan Smith and government leadership in Utah. The governor and the mayor were both at the presser. I don't recall ever there being Arizona or Phoenix outward support like this. I'm sure some of you are closer and understand better but does the governor of AZ and phoenix mayor suck too? They just lost a major league franchise and didn't see much outward activity to try to help save the Coyotes.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I saw a clip of Craig Morgan talking with AM .. then XG comes over and looks to pat Craig on the chest and Grab AM and whisk him away..

I believe this would have been right after the press conference

I hope Craig posts what was said in that exchange.

Reactions: Knights2017

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
He canceled his 1 on 1 with Craig
1713659928386.png

Reactions: Summer Rose

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Certainly Meruelo sucks but...in watching both press conferences and I know it's not apples to apples as one team is going out and one team coming in but...it is obvious there is greater synergy with Ryan Smith and government leadership in Utah. The governor and the mayor were both at the presser. I don't recall ever there being Arizona or Phoenix outward support like this. I'm sure some of you are closer and understand better but does the governor of AZ and phoenix mayor suck too? They just lost a major league franchise and didn't see much outward activity to try to help save the Coyotes.
Fairly certain we’d have been/were the same in the 60’s & 70’s…. Let’s see how they look when they have 4+ million folks to satisfy.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Listening to Friedman on KSL sports… he was mentioning that one of the reasons the NHL like Smith is that he is younger and likes to be in front of the cameras. He said after a NBA governor meeting the owners run to the cameras. IN the NHL the governors run away, leaving it to Bettman and Daley to do the interviews..

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
The begged the fans to do it. Damn, do none of you attend the games? They had video of Shane Doan and BA asking for volunteers the entire season prior to the vote, it showcased the cheapness of the org.
They didn't need that. With this state's history and votes for stadiums/arenas plus the fact that it was in the east valley, which we've been told for decades was all they needed, it was a slam dunk. Some blue hairs obviously stuffed the ballot boxes. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Naych_PHX

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Oh. So it is our fault. At least now I can sleep easy knowing that was the issue.
LOL, mine as much as anyone’s. I’ll be damned if I was going to pay them and then go to work for them!

They didn't need that. With this state's history and votes for stadiums/arenas plus the fact that it was in the east valley, which we've been told for decades was all they needed, it was a slam dunk. Some blue hairs obviously stuffed the ballot boxes. :sarcasm:
XG should have lead an insurrection!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad