Player Discussion: Alex Killorn

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's a mistake to judge Killorn by what he looks like when things are going well. He is what he is. And this season is pretty much the perfect Alex Killorn season. Sometimes he's good, sometimes you don't notice him, once in a blue moon he's pretty bad. And, at the end of the day, he gives you exactly 0.5 ppg, regardless of where he plays, how much he plays, etc etc etc.

Reactions: Byrddog

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
It's a mistake to judge Killorn by what he looks like when things are going well. He is what he is. And this season is pretty much the perfect Alex Killorn season. Sometimes he's good, sometimes you don't notice him, once in a blue moon he's pretty bad. And, at the end of the day, he gives you exactly 0.5 ppg, regardless of where he plays, how much he plays, etc etc etc.

He's also been an absolute beast on the penalty kill! He may not score short handed like Cirelli, but he hounds puck carriers, delays the opposing PP players from getting set up and generally is good for burning a nice amount of PK time.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I've kind of accepted Killorn for what he is. He never really makes exceptional plays, but he also rarely makes me want to throw my remote at the TV. I just kind of laugh now when he loses his footing 3 times a game.

Palat on the other hand....

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Killer does things that most people just do not notice. Aside from being the best defensive forward on the team. He takes nearly every crucial faceoff on the PP we do not have puck procession then the 90 point guys can not score a lick. Killer is used on the PP for this very reason. He is also pretty good in front of the net a big body screening shots and cleaning up garbage. So what if he is not as dynamic as Kuch or Stammer in open ice do you want them or Point taking the abuse in front of the net. Palat does this as well but he is not as effective as Killer. His +22 last year was 7th on the team and he is +59 in his 7 years. Last year he was on the ice when 51 goals were scored and his 7 year average is over 50 goals as well while he is on the ice for a 3rd liner. There are a whole bunch of teams that would like there 3rd line to be that productive year in year out.

Killer is not a superstar we know that but he deserves the money he is paid and he would be missed if he were traded.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Killer does things that most people just do not notice. Aside from being the best defensive forward on the team. He takes nearly every crucial faceoff on the PP we do not have puck procession then the 90 point guys can not score a lick. Killer is used on the PP for this very reason. He is also pretty good in front of the net a big body screening shots and cleaning up garbage. So what if he is not as dynamic as Kuch or Stammer in open ice do you want them or Point taking the abuse in front of the net. Palat does this as well but he is not as effective as Killer. His +22 last year was 7th on the team and he is +59 in his 7 years. Last year he was on the ice when 51 goals were scored and his 7 year average is over 50 goals as well while he is on the ice for a 3rd liner. There are a whole bunch of teams that would like there 3rd line to be that productive year in year out.

Killer is not a superstar we know that but he deserves the money he is paid and he would be missed if he were traded.
I like Killorn as much as the next guy, but he's not the best defensive player on the team. Cirelli or Point take that honor. Killorn isn't a bad option as a high bumper in the PP, but he was taken off the first unit in favor of Point, which was a good move.

I agree with you that he's better then Palat. I hope Palat can pass him again, although I have my doubts.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
This is Killorn's year... until he goes ice cold for a month or two, just enough to miss 20 goals. :(

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He's tied at #77 in points per game with six other players right now (all skaters). Like, he's scoring at the same pace as Monahan, EK65, Ehlers, Gallagher, Weber and more than big(ger) names like Stone, Duchene, Nylander, Giroux, Landeskog, Marchessault, Neal or Radulov.

Sustainable? Probably not. But a fun thing to witness I guess.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad