Alex Grant and the Sea Dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Can anyone comment on Alex Grant of the Saint John Sea Dogs and how he is doing so far? Any type of scouting report on his game, ie: skating, passing, shooting, size, toughness, etc. would be appreciated. I noticed he picked up a goal and an assist tonight in a Q ex. game.

Thanks in advance.

MLemieux

Jon Prescription said:
Haven't seen him, but this kid seems to be being hyped like a mother****er.

Is he comparable to any top flight D prospect out there right now?

I've seen him,

The kid skates like a mother and is a bit of a scraper, I saw him rough it up a bit in front of Bathurts net, I was standing about ten feet away. I work for Harbour Station the home of the Sea Dogs I am normally suposed to be outside as I work in the parking lot but when we take our breaks we sneek a peek for as long as we can providing the boss man doesn't catch us. he had a power play goal in a 5-4 win over Moncton. Other then that I dont knwo too much about him. Scary thing is he is only 5 months older then me......

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
MLemieux said:
I've seen him,

The kid skates like a mother and is a bit of a scraper, I saw him rough it up a bit in front of Bathurts net, I was standing about ten feet away. I work for Harbour Station the home of the Sea Dogs I am normally suposed to be outside as I work in the parking lot but when we take our breaks we sneek a peek for as long as we can providing the boss man doesn't catch us. he had a power play goal in a 5-4 win over Moncton. Other then that I dont knwo too much about him. Scary thing is he is only 5 months older then me......
A bigger meaner version of jack johnson IMO.....he plays like Chellios.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
Jack Johnson is about as mean as you come.

If you get any meaner you take really dumb, bad penalties to be frank.

JJ has been hiding behind the mask for how many years now? He will go another year in the NCAA, but wait until the mask comes off in the pro's and we'll see how tough he is!

If you call stick work 'mean', then you truly are an American!

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
HabLover said:
JJ has been hiding behind the mask for how many years now? He will go another year in the NCAA, but wait until the mask comes off in the pro's and we'll see how tough he is!

If you call stick work 'mean', then you truly are an American!

I think you've crashed the go carts at sandspit a few too many times

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
A bigger meaner version of jack johnson IMO.....he plays like Chellios.

there's a big kid out of BC named Colton Teubert getting rave reviews in Regina right now. he's only 15 so he can't play in the dub this year, but from all accounts he should be!

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004
Seen Grant in action yesterday as his Sea Dogs were in town to take on MY Rocket.

I was anxious to see Alex as I was wanting to compare him to OUR top Dman pick.......Stephen Lund.

Alex played very well out there yesterday, big kid who looked like a vet out there, and man he can skate well.

Looking forward to seeing Alex progress throughout the season and see how he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->