Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Alex Goligoski:
33 Years of age
2yr at 5.4M (remaining)
LHS LD
Last year: 12-23-35 -31
Current: 0-0-0 -6

I cant imagine hes worth a whole lot. Looks to be slowing down a smidge and can be replaced internally.
He can play top 4 minutes, but better suited behind a top pairing unit.

Arizona needs offense. A scorer. Whether that be a project prospect or someone that has fallen in the depth chart.

Last edited:

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I know Chayka loves the guy, so I have a hard time believing he'd be for sale. Plus Goligoski keeps Chychrun on the 3rd pairing which gives the team good depth, gives the coach options, and gives Chych time to progress.

Also, I think that Arizona needs more help at forward than whatever you'd get back for Goligoski. So it would cause a hole, while not really filling one.

Now, if the return was good enough, then have at it. But I think you'd have to move Chychrun and a high pick to bring in anyone good enough to fix the forward group. Think: Mark Stone.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I always wanted him on Habs squad.

:habs
Alex Goligoski

:coyotes
Nikita Scherbak // Charles Hudon
Karl Alzner

Basically Scherbak for Goligoski + Alzner to balance money (could help Yotes with the extra year to reach the floor).

Rieilly-Weber
Mete-Petry
Goligoski-Juulsen
Benn/Ouellet

Reactions: DictatorTots427

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Goligoski has a full no-movement clause until next off-season. That's when he has 2 years left and that's probably the earliest he would be traded. It's hard to evaluate player and trade values for an expected June trade, when it's only October.

They won't even think about trading Goligoski until Chychrun comes back and shows he's fully recovered. And even then, why move durable Goligoski when Chychrun hasn't played a full 82 games season yet? I don't get the sense that Goligoski has the trade value that would make moving him worthwhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad