Alex Galchenyuk Thread 7.0 - "Turns Rust To Gold?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
It's not going to happen, but imagine Galchenyuk's production if he was to play in the OHL next season!

I wouldn't bet against it though. Agree with the poster who said that it was a matter of game played.

Ever since his slow start (3 points in his first 4 games), Galchenyuk has been producing at a pace close to 1,9PPG over his last 28 games, and it just keep on rising.

All it would take is for Strome to go cold for a week while Galchenyuk gets a couple of good games.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
First period done. 2-1 lead for Sarnia. Galchenyuk has a shorthanded goal.

Galchenyuk started off that period pretty slow. Looked sluggish at first and tired. Picked it up after the first penalty kill of the game He was chipping all period. Often slashing behind the play (specifically with Moffat). He almost got through the defender, which could have been a highlight reel play. Another time he flew through the neutral zone and almost deked around the defender, but lost it. He also made a crazy good pass from the corner to Boucher, who couldn't trap the puck. That seems to be a trend. His goal was a great shorthanded goal. He came down the ice and received a pass. He went forehand, backhand and slid it in.

For the most part, it was a pretty good period from Galchenyuk. He created a lot of chances every shift, but couldn't convert those chances.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
1st period stats;
8 shifts, 6:18 TOI
1 goal, +1, 2 shots on net
2-for-2 in the face-off circle. Both won cleanly.

I have been following your updates for a while and it seems like this is a common trend almost. Coupled with my own observations, I really think hes not that bad at all on the dot.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
I have been following your updates for a while and it seems like this is a common trend almost. Coupled with my own observations, I really think hes not that bad at all on the dot.

His work in dot has improved a ton since the start of this year. He was awful in his rookie season and was also in his first 10 games or so this year. He's improved it immensely, however taking 2 or 3 draws a game really isn't that good of indicator. But he certainly is winning them more often, and in various ways too.

Galchenyuk goal #2!

Sarault's 200th career point! What a pass from Sarault on that goal.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I realize this is the OHL but this is pretty damn impressive and has been for a bit.

I think as Habs fans we don't know how to react to such a sure thing prospect.

new avatar

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
26 goals, 32 assists on the year.

10 goals and 4 assists in the month of December.

I think it's safe to say he's getting his goal scoring groove back.

1 goal back from tying Jenner and Ritchie for first in the league.

WolfgangAmadeusEller*

I realize this is the OHL but this is pretty damn impressive and has been for a bit.

I think as Habs fans we don't know how to react to such a sure thing prospect.

new avatar
True. :laugh:

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I like our low-key optimism, I think that's the prevailing vibe I'm getting from the collective Habs consciousness. We know he's going to be great but we're not shouting about it on top of a mountain. He's getting tons of praise from non habs fans and HF editors on the mainboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->