Alex Galchenyuk Thread 7.0 - "Turns Rust To Gold?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Too many people trying to be a hero, too many selfish plays instead of trying to set up a play, they fully deserve to lose that game, and they don't look like a very good team at all, really putting gally with some bad line mates

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The USA have some nice puck moving defensemen but they should learn to let the forward do their job sometimes.

As for the US players in general they looked confused on the ice and had not chemistry.

Finally Galchenyuk has been dissapointing in that game. He made some bad passes and while his linemates were horrid he did made some bad passes on his own.

I'm quite happy to see Galchenyk struggle a bit as it will help him later on in the NHL.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
To be fair he's had a few bad shifts offensively.

He had a really bad game all around. Missed on his passes, turned the puck over a bunch, lost a lot of puck battles. And it was not due to his linemates or the coach. He just had a bad individual game.

Overall, good game to watch. I thought the US was the better team, but the Russians played that style where they bend and then suddenly catch you with a dazzling individual play. Both teams should be a good test for Canada.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Certainly, Gally wasn't dominating the game but his coach wasn't doing him any favours giving him so little ice time with players he shouldn't be playing with. Plus, the USA needs a center who can adequately carry a first line, Gally is that guy, not Miller. This team is going nowhere if changes aren't made.

hogtownhabsfan*

You mean like the 3 times he hit the ice? Yeah...he was....
I really want to see what his TOI was. Really felt like he was hardly out there, and I wouldn't be surprised if that number was less than 15 minutes, and that would be absolutely inexcusable in a 60 minute hockey game.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I'm very disappointed by team USA's use of Gally today, to say the least.

It's probably because we are fans and ultimately don't know ****, but Canada and usa's coaching has been wut-tastic to say the least...

Seriously. Put drouin and McKinnon together **** for brains! And galchenyuk need people that can handle his passes it's not that ****ing hard is it?

We, Canada and USA but especially Canada haven to look t to build teams that can compete intertionally, not just teams of all stars...

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I really want to see what his TOI was. Really felt like he was hardly out there, and I wouldn't be surprised if that number was less than 15 minutes, and that would be absolutely inexcusable in a 60 minute hockey game.

According to our own Seb on the WJC board, no idea where the got the number from, but...

He played 9:32 TOI, the USA's coach is dumb. Unless Gally is injured.

If true...wtf.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
no, housley is keeping Gally mojo for the important games...

lol.

on the other hand, Galchenyuk speed is a strong point to focus, he is slow, but his anticipation makes him look like he may be faster. he needs to work on it a ton. otherwise his skillset and vision is as good as anyone on usa.

Yakupov is a puckhog and dont care to pass, he might get the Subban treatment in the nhl. awesome, balance, speed, release, i hope for edmonton he doesnt become a stronger slighltly bigger Samsonov.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I think he played less than 15 but I felt like it was definitely more than 9:32... He started most PPs though a lot of them were short lived.. I dunno 9 minutes for one of your most talented players seems ridiculous

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I think he played less than 15 but I felt like it was definitely more than 9:32... He started most PPs though a lot of them were short lived.. I dunno 9 minutes for one of your most talented players seems ridiculous

Where did you get those numbers? Usually top forwards play about 19-22 minutes a game.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I'm very disappointed by team USA's use of Gally today, to say the least.

Gally is arguably the most skilled, hardest working, and resilient 18 year old CENTER in the WORLD. Good thing he is playing on the wing with lesser linemates while recieving substandard minutes... :sarcasm:

Housley and TEAM USA have screwed this up since the beginning IMO.

Myron Gaines*

Gally plays less than 10 min.

I really don't get what Housley is trying to do.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
From what I gather here is that Housley doesn't care for Galchenyuk's abuilty to dominate games. He over uses that one line with Miller on and that checking line.
If I was Galchenyuk, I would be pissed has hell at the coaching. He did have a bit of an off game but with no ice time, it's kind of hard to make an impact.
He was the best player in game 1 and played next to no minutes in the third, this game, he wasn't on the ice for the first 3 minutes and played hardly a hand full of shifts in the 2 first periode. Did not watch the third for obvious reason.

PS:My dad did tell me that Housley was a Canadien hater but I never tough that it would go has far has neglecting Galchenyuk cause he's a Canadien prospect....maybe it does!

Myron Gaines*

PS:My dad did tell me that Housley was a Canadien hater but I never tough that it would go has far has neglecting Galchenyuk cause he's a Canadien prospect....maybe it does!

That would really rumble my jammies

hogtownhabsfan*

Him partying with the russian team would be the only excuse.

Myron Gaines*

Or maybe Housley can't have a russian be the best player for team USA.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I'm going to ask this here because we're all Habs fans and I didn't want to provoke the Oilers fans on the WJC board. I don't know if any of you have seen the USA vs Russia game today but Yakupov seems really to have a tough time finding his teammates and he seems to make bad decisions with the puck. His strength is that he's explosive..but once he's in the offensive zone, either he goes right away for a shot or he'll loose the puck trying to pass the puck. I'm starting to question his decision and hockey IQ. My question is.. no bias, do you guys think that he was benefiting from playing with Galchenyuk 2 years ago? Therefore, he's a product of Galchenyuk, not the other way around. Galchenyuk has been playing incredible this year and he's showing it in the OHL and at the WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad