Alex Galchenyuk Thread 7.0 - "Turns Rust To Gold?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Ryan Murray out of the top-20, what's up with that?

I guess they're factoring in his injury? I don't know I saw him wind up for a one timer in that Canada/Russia challenge and I never seen such an ugly looking shot. His grip on the stick was hilariously bad. He did stand up Yakupov pretty impressively though.

He could be the next Niedermyer but I'm still happy we didn't end up with him.

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
I guess they're factoring in his injury? I don't know I saw him wind up for a one timer in that Canada/Russia challenge and I never seen such an ugly looking shot. His grip on the stick was hilariously bad. He did stand up Yakupov pretty impressively though.

He could be the next Niedermyer but I'm still happy we didn't end up with him.

It's Button and Button had Murphy low going into the draft, I want to say 12th or 13th. Guess he was just never that big of a fan.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Craig Button's Top 30 NHL affiliated prospect list based on potential and play over the past year (last season and this season).

Galchenyuk at #6. Yakupov at #5. Morgan Rielly at rated #4, the highest of all 2012 draft picks.

''Gally's got nothing on Rielly'' Edition? :sarcasm:

DAChampion said:
Ryan Murray out of the top-20, what's up with that?

Not picked by the Leafs, otherwise he'd be ''the best player of the draft'' according to Burke and his lapdogs

PricePKPatch said:
"Galchenyuk Gleefully Going to Get Gold Edition"

Nice one

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
That wrister goal is a beauty OHL goal.
Gally going to have to get that shot off alot quicker
in the NHL.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Reilly get overrated because he is a Toronto pick. He's 4th at best in that draft after Murray Yakupov and Galchenyuk.

You say that like you're some kind of authority. I think Morgan Reilly is a very, very special player.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him end up being the best player in that draft. No one knows at this point, suggesting you know the truth is a bit silly.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
You say that like you're some kind of authority. I think Morgan Reilly is a very, very special player.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him end up being the best player in that draft. No one knows at this point, suggesting you know the truth is a bit silly.

But as of right now, the four players he listed are all better than Rielly.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
All I know is that as of right now, I wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for Rielly. Gally has done nothing but impress and get better since the first few games this year. If things continue to go well he could finish the year above 2 ppg which would be pretty damn impressive considering he missed pretty much a whole year and he no longer plays with Yakupov

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Good list. I like Button and if he like Rielly more then Galchenyuk, so be it. IMO, Galchenyuk has more upside then Rielly.
Also, I have a gut feeling that Schultz is hyped due to his AHL debut.
In all realty, the top 10, aside from Baerstchy, are all good players and even franchized potentilal in some.

LaTenderness*

Gally's all about the girlies edition

Gally goes top shelf edition

Girls love it upper corner edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->