Alex Galchenyuk Thread 12.0 - "What a Year" Edition!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Does anyone remember some great rushes he had that didn't end up in the back of the net? I remmeber one in particular against NYR, but can't find the video.

Also wondering what your favorite assists from him were this season? (Making a vid and Its hard to remember)
Broke Hainsey's ankles with a deke versus the Jets in one game.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Broke Hainsey's ankles with a deke versus the Jets in one game.

tumblr_mkrk1qM2cP1qe46u5o1_500.gif

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Does anyone remember some great rushes he had that didn't end up in the back of the net? I remmeber one in particular against NYR, but can't find the video.

Also wondering what your favorite assists from him were this season? (Making a vid and Its hard to remember)

Not a rush but I remember a tie game against Ottawa with like 30 seconds left where Eller stole the puck from an OTT D-man and passed it to Galchenyuk who ripped it off the post. That would have been the most beautiful goal I've seen by a Hab in the past few years.

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
I really hope he changes his number back to 94. #27 is ok, but 94 is really cool :) but of course, it's just a number! He's my favorite player nonetheless!

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I really hope he changes his number back to 94. #27 is ok, but 94 is really cool :) but of course, it's just a number! He's my favorite player nonetheless!

Yeah 27 never did anything for us, Kovalev maaaybe but it's a horrible number and our team is almost all in the high range.

JonathanToews19clutc*

A.Galchenyuk play like M.Hossa, in C he should be a same impact like J.Toews in MTL..

Amazing and ($|!"/$%?&*(?%$/ player for us!

Go Habs Go!

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
A.Galchenyuk play like M.Hossa, in C he should be a same impact like J.Toews in MTL..

Amazing and ($|!"/$%?&*(?%$/ player for us!

Go Habs Go!

I'm excited as well. During this SCF series, I realized how much Gally emulates Toews and Hossa in his play on the ice. If he can be as good as they are, I'm freaking thrilled about it!!:yo::handclap:

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Galchenyuk as Center? Are we playing with fire?

Time for Galchenyuk to be a regular as Center? Which percentage of players drafted Top-3 at Center were forced to play at the wing for any length of time to start their careers... I was OK with a bit of play at the wing his first year, but the Habs are on a very slippery slope... How many years did Toews, Backstrom, Malkin, Staal, etc... play at wing before they could take face offs, skate below the hashmarks, learn the breakouts and systems for Centers? How much more learning to cover the points in the Habs zone does he need to go through?

Is alleged short-term expediency worth it to sacrifice the normal development of your prized franchise #1 Center?

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Time for Galchenyuk to be a regular as Center? Which percentage of players drafted Top-3 at Center were forced to play at the wing for any length of time to start their careers... I was OK with a bit of play at the wing his first year, but the Habs are on a very slippery slope... How many years did Toews, Backstrom, Malkin, Staal, etc... play at wing before they could take face offs, skate below the hashmarks, learn the breakouts and systems for Centers? How much more learning to cover the points in the Habs zone does he need to go through?

Is alleged short-term expediency worth it to sacrifice the normal development of your prized franchise #1 Center?

No it is not. He should be playing center permanently sometime next year and not look back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->