Alex Galchenyuk Thread 12.0 - "What a Year" Edition!

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
are there hard facts to substantiate sophomore slump theory?

How about a comparison fair or not between Guy Lafleur and Alex Galchenyuk:
Guy Lafleur

73 gms. 1st season - 29 goals - 35 = 64 -+27 - 48 pim
69 gms. 2nd season - 28 goals - 27 = 55 -+16 - 51 pim
73 gms. 3rd season - 21 goals - 35 = 56 -+10 - 29 pim
70 gms. 4th season - 53 goals - 66 =119-+52 - 37 pim

So Alex following a time honored tradition should breakout in three seasons, giving him another two seasons to round into a complete player.:handclap::handclap:

Fifthgear

Nov 15, 2007
Montréal
I have a question, at the beginning of this season in Sarnia (OHL), did Galchenyuk play short handed and if he did, was he one of the regulars on the team?

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I have a question, at the beginning of this season in Sarnia (OHL), did Galchenyuk play short handed and if he did, was he one of the regulars on the team?

He wasn't a major SH contributor but if (faded) mem. serves correct yes, he was a regular.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
I don't remember him spending much time on SH but his ppg was much lower at the start of the season (around 1.4 IIRC) then last (was over 2 during the last month).
Same thing happened in Montreal, he started at a good pace but was much more productive in his last 20 games (14 points) than in his first 20 games.
If he does anything similar to his last 20 games, we are in for at least 60 points.

Would be nice to have six players with sixty points: Eller, Galchenyuk, MaxPac, Desharnais, Plekanec and Subban. I think Eller and Chucky can reach that level.
Add four more over 50 points: Markov, Gionta, Bourque and Gallagher.
We can certainly extrapolate 10 players at .5 ppg.
We have a lethal offense with so many players who can score.

But we already know this team has a great offense (third in the league). Just need to add one or two pieces in the defense.
Actually a full season with Emelin, Tinordi and Subban might do the job. We were really good for the first 30-35 games.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Anybody here know anything about whether he is sticking with #27 next season, or switching to his #94? I have been wanting to get his jersey for a while now, but want to wait until I know what number he will be going with. If i recall correctly, at the beginning of the season (and at development camp) the Habs basically just gave #27 to him, and in an interview he said that he didn't want to be that guy who's a rookie and asks for a number change. Makes me think he will change eventually??

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
not available in my country :(

Gally has been amazing, where is the super happy african guy gif?

don't worry man I got you covered

tumblr_lz42jzQDfN1qe33ea.gif

:sarcasm:

seriously though, I'm ecstatic that it looks like we got the best player of the draft. hard to believe Galchenyuk is a Hab, we haven't had a player with his potential in decades IMO

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
Anybody here know anything about whether he is sticking with #27 next season, or switching to his #94? I have been wanting to get his jersey for a while now, but want to wait until I know what number he will be going with. If i recall correctly, at the beginning of the season (and at development camp) the Habs basically just gave #27 to him, and in an interview he said that he didn't want to be that guy who's a rookie and asks for a number change. Makes me think he will change eventually??
Why don't you tweet him or his sister and find out ;)

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Lafleur was older than 19 when he played in his first NHL season. His first two seasons weren't bad but not up to the exalted expectations for him.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
So yeah, lots of talks about Jones, MacKinnon and Drouin. But damn we are lucky to have Galchenyuk. This kid is our franchise player and what he did this past year was incredible. Just an appreciation post.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Does anyone remember some great rushes he had that didn't end up in the back of the net? I remmeber one in particular against NYR, but can't find the video.

Also wondering what your favorite assists from him were this season? (Making a vid and Its hard to remember)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad