Alex Galchenyuk Thread 12.0 - "What a Year" Edition!

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
If MB does a good job, the habs can be a serious cup contender as early as next season. Galchy has learned so much in 4-5 months.

LeHaboholique

Respek is earn, not give to!
Jul 25, 2012
Same
Great and Greatest Flashes. Someone else said it, guess im here to offer the name on their behalf. lol

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
This kid is a winner. Tried to hit top cheese all season and he finally gets it in a playoff game, when it actually matters. Just like his snipe in the WJC.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
This kid is a winner. Tried to hit top cheese all season and he finally gets it in a playoff game, when it actually matters. Just like his snipe in the WJC.

The goal last night was great. I honestly didn't even see the puck after it left his stick. That puck was a bullet. :amazed:

Anyone have a vid of his goal last night? I've been looking but I can't find it.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Rushing eller to your #1 spot may not be the wisest decision. Wed also end up being quite thin down the middle with eller-DD-galch-white.

I just came out of my time machine... nope, we're good.

Rather see DD go though.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Anyone have a vid of his goal last night? I've been looking but I can't find it.

Pro trick: whenever you see a great goal (like the one Galchenyuk scores yesterday), go on youtube.com. Write in the search bar, Galchenyuk. Press enter.

Then, you click on "filters". Under "Upload date", click on "Today". I find everything that way. ;)

hogtownhabsfan*

Galchenyuk is going to have a MONSTER sophomore year. The growth in his game, combined with the fact he'll have a full offseason of training as opposed to rehabbing is going to be huge.

I think 70+ points is possible.

Think he's a couple of years away from being a centerman though.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Galchenyuk is going to have a MONSTER sophomore year. The growth in his game, combined with the fact he'll have a full offseason of training as opposed to rehabbing is going to be huge.

I think 70+ points is possible.

Think he's a couple of years away from being a centerman though.

I'm actually expecting a sophomore slump next year. He has shown so much progression over the past 8-10 months that I expect him to go through a slight plateau next year.

68*

I believe in this kid. Chuckie win us the next 3 games please. Thanks.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
My theory is that kids often take it easy as they now have a place in the lineup. That's why they hit the sophomore slump.

This is only a theory I've come up with, but I generally find myself attributing that to a player's role — a lot of times, rookies play sheltered minutes against lesser players. During the player's sophomore year, they're more often than not given bigger roles — a lot of rookie players take a few weeks or even months to adjust to the more difficult competition and added responsibility.

Personally, I think Galchenyuk is physically ready to be a first line contributor at the moment — he needs to learn the quirks of the NHL, he's still very young, and remember, he never even played hockey at the AHL level before playing in the NHL. What he did in his first season is quite impressive, putting up a shade over .5 PPG.

The Habs have a real gem on their hands — I'm starting to think that the Blue Jackets should have grabbed this kid with how deep they are on defense.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Only starting? ;) We here have been convinced for months now.

Well, to be fair, Ryan Murray is still a beast, and CBJ, despite all their depth, doesn't really have a true 25-28 minutes defenseman — Jack Johnson is their closest to one. Murray has that potential.

That said, yeah, I do believe that Galchenyuk is going to be a better player.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
31d4cca2f8ba7bd0120ce979a7ee0634.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad